1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Esk Catches

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by LEONFR, Oct 28, 2012.

1. LEONFR

LEONFR New Member

Just wondered if any Salmon or seatrout been caught this season, no mention on here.

2. bucko

bucko New Member

There have been fish caught but many are reporting a poor season.
    I've put about 300 hours in for one salmon and a sea trout.

3. coasty

coasty New Member

I noticed in this months Trout and Salmon mag they were noting the poor results and stated that the waiting list for the Esk fishery Association was virtually zilch and even advertised the secs details for potential members... Things must be bad....

Andy

4. blonde chris

blonde chris Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I fished the Esk alot this year very few sea trout but some salmon ,seals and nets get the sea trout before they come in the river?
    The river is a shadow of what it ones was some years ago

5. bucko

bucko New Member

Have you given it a go this year Leon?
    If so how did you get on?

6. LEONFR

LEONFR New Member

Have not tried this season unfortunately due to work commitments, when I have been off been taking my son coarse fishing to drumondby, dale view ,ingelby pond etc, not really my cup of tea, hopefully get back on the esk next season.

7. woldedge

woldedge New Member

Illegedly they didn't fill the quota of members this year, because there there was either 15 or 16 members that dropped out and the waiting list was small before that

8. bulltrout

bulltrout Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Any lads been out on the Esk lately? I know of 2 salmon took at slieghts last week after that little rise in water and also watched a few go over the wier at Ruswarp same day ,

9. bucko

bucko New Member

Had a look mid-river last week after the lift and didn't see or contact a thing.
    Heard about those salmon too- think there has been 1 or 2 off the EFA lower beats too.

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

I actually fished sleights on that last spate over them big tides when the river was at a nice height , I fished teatime and early doors the following morning , seen one scrawny trout jumping at the dam and nothing else, I actually bumped into steve i o which was a shock didn't know he fished for them much . anyway he never had anything either while i was there . I expected to see a few fish like but botall., fished a couple of days later on the evening up at egton courtesy of me fresh water accomplice we seen 2 good fish as dusk was starting to draw on but again botall , another lad had caught one seatrout on the morning but nothing else , Apparantly there was a few salmon and seatrout come off efa water not loads tho . Maybe there just abit late like everything else ?