1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emmotland Pond One

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mike_t, May 12, 2013.

1. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

I have fished Emmotlands pond two a fair few times and caught a few fish but only doubles. The last trip on was freezing cold and I missed a few fish but decided I would try pond one next visit, a lower stock, but bigger fish and a lot harder.
    I had been given a pass by the wife for Friday till sunday, I went down with my eldest son again. Booking on peg one on pond one gave me a good scope of water no one ese could fish.
    I walked the gear around to the swim and put a bit of bait out. Then went for a walk and to see a lad I knew fishing further down the lake on peg five where he had just landed a mint dark common at 24lb. A Quick chat and back to mine to get the rods out and get settled for the evening.

The fish were crashing out over two of my rods through the night but the alarms remained quiet. 8 am I had just sat down with a brew when the middle rod burst into life, straight into a fish but it came away from the snags with ease and I got it into the margins with no effort then it went ballistic it put up one hell of a battle before my mate slipped the net under her. I got the mat wet and scales zeroed and ready, when my mate lifted it out my jaw dropped it was going to be close to 30lb. What a beast, a gorgeous big common. Swinging the scales round to 29,12 but settled at 29,8. I was buzzing, my first session on pond one and under 24 hours I had the biggest common in the pond, so i was told.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I went on to loose another fish and miss another but I was chuffed with this capture my second biggest common on my first session on the pond. 48 hours sailed by very quickly but a good result. Cheers for reading, mike

Waiting for a bit in the sun shine
    [​IMG]

2. andym

andym Rockling

Re: Emmotland

Nicely done Mike cracking fish

3. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Before I read the text I saw the first photo and said out loud "f##k me!" :embarrass:

Belter of a common Mike, awesome fish. Equals my UK pb but mine was a mirror back in the late 90's.

Top result bud.

4. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Cheers :cheesy: still beaming from ear to ear, it turns out it is a fish a took a photo of for a lad a year ago, it's normaly over thirty but I'm not fussed about that, she was a stunner