1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emmotland Pond 4

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mike_t, Dec 13, 2013.

1. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

After a while of not much fishing I got the urge to go out Carp fishing, the conditions have been pants for it but I still wanted to get out, with freezing temps all week leading up to the weekend.
    I had to take my 4 year old son Nathan he loves coming along. Which ment a ton of extra warm clothes and blankets. But it also ment I would be setting off later and setting up in the dark.
    We turned up in -1 and part of the lake was frozen so I dropped three rods out, keeping a decent spread on them, not knowing anything of the lake. But soon after getting a lot of attention on my right hand rod constant liners then what seemed like a slow take but resulted in nothing. Camp was set up and the kettle straight on the boil and await some more action.
    [​IMG]

The next morning came round after a very cold night, Nathan was toasty in his two sleeping bags with a hot water bottle, I had the dog in with me keeping me warm. My good friend Nick was fishing on Pond two, peg 4 which was just behind us. He had a carp rod out and a pike rod out and no interest. He went off for a walk with a lure rod and after a few hours returning with no interest at all. I pulled my rods in and went for a brew with Nick. I picked up his lure rod to see what he had been using, a small spinner bait, he said have a cast so I did over some of the old Lilly pads and felt a tap and seen a fish flank then turn again and nail the lure only 10ft from the bank. A nice Jack Pike about 5lb I think Nick was a little P'd off but congratulated me.
    [​IMG]

That night we sat behind the bivy with nick and got a small fire going in an old BBQ which kept up toasty but the temp was up to 7degrees, a massive difference from the night before. But no interest on the rods at all through the night and into the next morning. We woke after a peaceful night, i got the marker rod out had a few cast but the pond was 3-4ft deep max. I spoke with Jamie and he said there was only about 80 fish in it too, I thought it was a runs water but it's not. In the warmer months it will be a good place to fish but it's not a winter water.

The fire, what man doesn't like it
    [​IMG]

The rods out waiting
    [​IMG]

And sun set over the lake
    [​IMG]

No fish but a nice relaxing time on the bank, thanks for reading, Mike