1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Emmotland Carp session

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by mike_t, Oct 14, 2012.

1. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Just come back from a 48 hour session on Emmotlands pond two. I took my eldest, three year old, on his first over night fishing session, not the best time of year for it. Arriving to a partially empty lake, getting into my peg and having a chat with Jamie things were looking good for a fish or two.
    Bivya set up and rods out, each rod in a different area with a different bait two kilo round one, one kilo round another and a few baits round the third rod. Very quiet for the first 24 hours no one catching anything, nice and cold on the night.
    The second night a few fish were showing over my area with 2 kilo on it then had a drop run on that rod, no fish. Back out with a small bag of crushed boilers in back on the spot.
    Then a quiet night, just one or two fish crashing out in the darkness. The morning came not as cold with northerly wind, making a brew the right hand rod burst into life, a nice scrap lead to a nice mirror in the folds of the net, she went 13,8 on the scales,
    Before I knew it time to pack up and homeward bound, don't get much time for long sessions any more and really enjoyed it, as did my son, askin when can we go again. Fingers crossed very soon.
    Pics will follow soon

2. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Nice one Mike, sounds like your young lad enjoyed himself and you didn't blank. Result! :cheesy:

Come on, where's the photos? :happy: