1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edible Crab Extract Fishing Bait - Cart For Sale ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. riley.

riley. Blenny

a good box of crabs will set you bk £25-30 and usually get about 150 modest baits

2. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

well well well,all you secret cart users :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ive' done ok without it in the past ,as my fishing CV stands up ok to others ,ive had my share of decent fish on all the usual good baits , :yes: its the quality of your bait and the knowledge of where to plonk it :educated: that counts after all you can lead a horse to water but a pencil must be lead :laugh: :laugh:

3. Pigeon Ian

Pigeon Ian New Member

100% harry your dead right its knowing where and when ...............look at the likes of lobbers and dabcatcher presentation of bait is like an art form to these two is that why they so successful ??? .............not just put a worm on and lob it out and hope for the best like i do .................i know there are a lot more out there that are fantastic anglers but i have fished with these two and find the attention to detail of bait presentation amazing ...............

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

you said earlier ian about magic crystals catching loads of fish, they certainly do catch a lot of fish buddy but magic crystals are not crab cart, wich everybody seems to think they are :laugh:

5. Pigeon Ian

Pigeon Ian New Member

aww just when i filled my freezer with it .............

6. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

All this talk of "magic baits" I think is put into perspective by an excellent post by Big cliff last year called "take a moment".I agree that with him many guys,myself included,in their rush to get a bait in the water miss the point Al makes about checking your bait and its presentation to make sure its as good as you can make it.I read the post and next time out took note and managed 5 decent fish.Coincidence . . . . I think not !

7. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

those stories were true shadrap ! gjw went into clubs that made the
    bongo look like a convent , i was shocked to the core !

8. Lobbers

a few years back i was fishing a hsf match held on boxing day down goldsbrough the two blokes either side of me were experts at the mark , wont mention no names, but it was a nice day for a fish with nice colour, the mussell and cart were flowing iether side of me but all i used was velvet and shore put about 50 metres further,, cart was nowhere to be seen as i had a 5,6,7lb'er. one of these blokes gave up fishing after that and took up winkle picking(glad to see he is back fishing), and the other was bh, the other bloke thought cart was the answer and i proved not, then again i have had my ass whipped by cart by dav so ....

like glenn said its just another bait, and for some of you readers no, cart is not the magic crystals. the magic crystals are a very different entity.

9. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The secret of the magic ones lives on.......

10. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

"Magic crystals" are they a bit like "golden balls" ?

11. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

A mushed up mess they were described to me as :whistle: :laugh: :laugh:

I remember the day Paul mentions. I was down Boulby with Killer and we had a few fish but nothing to rival Paul that day.

12. Lobbers

now all this cart bullhsti has past ,im now settled and now looking forward to a chilled atmosphere.

its really good to know that the cart bullitsh, has surfaced and its leagal,

but a lot of you surfers still think that magic crystal are crab cart, you have wsf forum or whatever its called for that to blame, magic crystals are nothiong to do with crab cart.

ask ray......

13. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

'Errrr Ray....what's magic crystals??? Pretty please...... :whistle:

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Iwonder if the magic will do it's stuff on sunday :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:

15. Maxie

Maxie New Member

ill be relying on the power of fresh devon crab and black lug at harrington open tonight :cheesy:there will be lads using cart baits so we will see.

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

say hello to jeff mcalister for me will you

17. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Just had my 1st experience with cart. A block was bought in Scarboro last week n kept in freezer until tonight -£25 from Bills. Me bein clever and a 'power tool man', lets cut it up with a jigsaw - ye ok it worked but i got crab extract up the walls, behind the cooker, everywhere. . . Anyway bait sized cart back into freezer as this cr*p had started to defrost. Half hour later back out and rammed into finger bandage, again crab juice everywhere, ran out of bandage so rest in clingfilm, all starting to go back to liquid form so back in the freezer. Then clean up the kitchen - not nice :embarrass: . Bought two 'Thermos' wide topped flasks today. Was it worth it? I'll let you know tomorrow. . . .Any one got a sausage machine for sale? :cheesy:

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

i can see hundreds of people in their kitchens preparing their cart for tomorrow :laugh: :laugh:

19. carpyken

carpyken New Member

Think i'll be buying it in boily form next time. . . .it works just as well you know :crazy: :laugh:

20. baza

baza New Member

i know the feeling, and the smell. i put it into copper 22mm pipe cut into 200mm sections via a pump, it was defrosted slightly obviosly.this was done outside again obviosly. once in the copper pipes and the end sealed with tape and placed in the freezer. i got 2 metres of the stuff in the freezer. now onto part 2, getting the stuff into our lasses tights. i used dirty ones to get the full flavour and fish attracting scent. the tubes were warmed in my hands so the frozen mess can be forced out and snapped into pieces the size of party sausages and quickly into the said tights. what i need to know/perfect is how does anyone who uses the tights method seal the tights. ive twisted them and tied a bit of line around it, it doesnt look too good. i thinking maybe bait elastic. all areas that have come into contact with the gloop have been thoroughly cleaned down to get rid of the smell, yet i can see it as a bait being very. effective. BTW the tights ive used are 15 denier, i seem to remember talking to trotter last year and im sure he said he uses 80 denier, will it make the difference, i wonder?