1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Edible Crab Extract Fishing Bait - Cart For Sale ?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 11, 2008.

Tags:
  1. ohmycod

ohmycod New Member

Re: Cart For Sale ?

Don wish to appear ignorant, however, what is this wonder bait called Cart?

2. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

Adrian at Inshore has a fish processing licence so he can sell it on the open market. He is also advertising in this months Sea Angler page 97 as 'All types of Crab extract' for sale. From what i've heard its not that good. But thats only my opinion.
    Regards Col.

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

HAHA . Bongo`s the best nigfhtclub in town . wats the matter with yers ....

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

You cant beat it Dav. Mind you, i've been to worse places than the Bongo before.

With regards to cart, you watch, once it becomes known anglers love using it, the price will go sky high, and we'll take it, like idiots we are.

5. wildcard

wildcard Guest

Beats me how weve got from cart to the 'Bongo' nightclub :whatever:

However I have left the bongo before with my fingers smelling of cart.

The Asian lad who owns it is the best 'crack' anywhere and is over 80 years old.

I hope my wife dosent see this post..

wildcard

6. Davo

Davo Rockling

Oh yes Wildcard, we've all been there :whistle:

7. Gas_mantle

Gas_mantle Guest

Cart for sale, spare or repair, 50 quid :evil:

[​IMG]

8. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Whose told him you need a licence Col ??

9. gwyn

gwyn Blenny

This came from the minutes of the yorkshire division nfsa 28/1/08

Bait collection. Questions were asked of Simon Prince regarding the use of edible peelers for bait. He explained that restrictions had been imposed to prevent edible crabs being used as bait in whelk pots. We would not be putting significant resources into prosecuting anglers using edible crab as bait provided they were of the minimum size ( 130mm).
    Therefore as long as the crabs are of size you can do what you want with them

Finger bandage is another method of holding the cart together

10. Pigeon Ian

Pigeon Ian New Member

read back pver the last couple of year and see how many fish where caught on the "magic crystals" then tell us its no good .....................lol

11. Baramundi Bob

I suppose that Cart can be a good bait. I never use the stuff but have seen good results with it from other anglers. My feeling is a lot of anglers will think its a magic bait that will draw fish from miles around. The truth is it wont, people will still have to rely on a good knowledge of where to fish and when to get the best out of it. Which is just the same as any bait really including the legendary white worm.

12. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

At the end of the day you can only catch whats infront of you. If theres no fish there the best bait in the world wont do you any good.

13. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

I think what was meant was that when it was first offered for sale it was perhaps not realised how to market it and its quality may have been questioned by some guys.Thats not the case now though as what I have seen recently appears to be good quality bait.Perhaps some of the guys who have bought it would like to comment . . . .

14. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

I thought it was Illegal for anyone to land Edible crabs which are carrying eggs? Does this not include those laidened with coral or just those with external eggs?

Just found that, dunno if that has any relevance

15. crabadabado

crabadabado Blenny

As far as i am aware edible crabs of any size cannot be used for bait as they are a precious stocks item Glenn. You need a licence to process it. As for the 'not that good in my opinion' comment, i meant the quality that was being supplied, not the quality as a bait to catch fish Ian.
    Regards Col.

16. Baramundi Bob

Edible crabs cant be used for bait in the NESFC area which is humber to Tyne but as far as I know no other sfc runs the same byelaw. So on the rest of the UK coastline its no problem. From enquiries Ive made the only thing outside of the law is the using within the district. Cracking them open, freezing and offering for sale is quite legal.

17. dbrown

dbrown Guest

Is that peelers and cart or just cart Glenn?

18. robq

robq Rockling

you will be very very lucky to find some above size edible peelers for sale Dan :surprise: :surprise:

You tell me first if you find any anywhere mate !!

19. uggy

uggy Blenny

The Bongo was just the beginning even though it closed at 3am, what made the night special was a few crab carts in the Steampacket!!

20. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yes a very good point Glenn, it can catch fish so can many other baits, but like Glenn said its not magic, and the fish won't jump into your fish bag.....I wish they did..... :yes:
    I have used it and will use it again, for me it just another bait, which on its day with the fish in front of you will catch fish, but so will most baits in that situation...
    I honestly believe good knowledge is the key, and thats something that can't be bought, good knowledge of marks, times, and tides, sea conditions matched with good bait will put fish in the fish bag....