1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eating Snails

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by Acko, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Acko

Acko Rockling

Me and My Youngster Bobby went for a walk last night It was very damp and we noticed a place that was Crawling with Big Snails We gathered about 50
    Weve put them in a Glass Tank to Purge them (Incase they been eating poisonous plants)
    Were feeding them on Lettuce and Cucumber for 5 days or so then were gonna eat them.
    Ive looked on the internet and found numerous recipies for them Garlic Butter recipes sound best to me.
    Has anybody tried them before?
    Acko

2. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Launch em' into the harbour m8. They're f***ing mingin. :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: A reliable rule of thumb for me is that if the french think they're a delicacy then they're probably disgusting. :laugh:

3. tom fisher

tom fisher Blenny

I've eaten snails while dining in restaurants. Not bad. Garlic and butter is definitely the way to go. :yes:

4. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

:laugh: :surprise: :vomit: all i can say is hope you enjoy them

5. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

years ago for a party trick i cracked a shell off one and ate one raw and still alive :vomit:
    cant remember what it was like thou (but i survived )

6. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Gibbo that's rank!! :laugh: :laugh:

7. Acko

Acko Rockling

Snails Succesfully Purged. Im flavouring them now with Rokket and Spring Onion leaves and Cucumber for moisture
    2 More days Ill Eat them mmmmmmm
    Heres My Snail Farm lol
    [​IMG]

8. Acko

Acko Rockling

Oh Aye Ill tell u what theyre like Im doing 3 recipies I found on Net
    First tho Im gonna try them Just Like A Winkle???? Yuk??? Maybe...

9. lawsy

lawsy Rockling

purge them on nothing but carrots mate no lettuce or out for about a week or so in a clean tank

10. Acko

Acko Rockling

Carrots? mmm interesting Ive looked on Internet found alsoerts of opinions Carrotts I like that
    Some say feed em on garlic? Dont fancy that...

11. Jem

Jem Blenny

your a weird lad you mate, theres no way in hell you'd get me eating snails that have roamed around the british isles, i know the french rear them in special farms so they know there ok, but from here, def no thanks :vomit: :vomit: :laugh: :laugh:

12. Acko

Acko Rockling

LOL Jem
    Ive done that They ate all the Lettuce didnt touch onion Ive give them Carrots
    Ill look in morning see if they been munching them
    Ill try owt once Jem If theyre nice Ill be eating them again
    PS I Still owe u a 5er Havent forgot m8
    Paul