1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastenders

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Got all excited when i saw the sea at Whitburn today, nice movement and lots of colour. Went to Souter to park up and looked over the cliffs to be greeted by a big sea with colour but a bit too green for me. Anyway fished close to where i was in the last match for the first 2 hours and never had a bite, moved a bit further north for the rest of the match and got 2 slack liners but no fish! Took 3 reels with new line on and lost all 3 lines, it was tough but looked good enough for a fish or two. Just phoned Ernie the match organiser who informed me that a cod of 1lb 12oz won, which came from Whitburn, which was still thick with colour after the match. Poor weigh in up north again. Talking to the locals and they say it,s been the worst year up there for ages,some blaming the Pipe fish.

2. mww

mww Rockling

Hard luck mate.

Not sure about them blaming pipefish, though?

While the fish are definitely still on them, they don't seem to head & stay offshore & get totally preoccupied like when on sprats. Guess the pipefish must be much closer to shore & it's easier for fish to switch on & off them - had a few fish on Bemmo Friday night that were coughing them up - you don't get many codlings off the shore that cough sprats up like they do .

Be interesting to see if pipefish are any good for bait - they'll soon disappear if they are!!! ;D

Mart

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

The Jury,s still out on that topic Mart i think ??? Personaly i think it was just one of those days today. It,s what makes fishing what it is, if only we knew what switches them on and off! :-[

4. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

ihad 3 codling 2nite in my clubmatch, they had pleanty of those pipefish in them, did,nt stop them sniffing out my crystals thogh ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I had 2 but not a pipefish in sight. Just gutted them and they were stuffed with small edible crabs.

6. Paul Grover

Paul Grover Guest

All the fish I had recently been feeding on crab too I havent seen a pipefish for a while.