1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastenders Sea Angling Club Open

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Jan 28, 2007.

1. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Myself, A Barmby and M Smith decided to fish the Eastenders open today. It was a heaviest fish match with an optional sweep for heaviest bag. The boundries were between the Tyne and the Wear so we decided on fishing around the Souter point area. It was Andy,s first visit to that area and only me and Mark,s second. After a slow start we all ended up doing pretty good. I had second heaviest fish, 5.5lb cod (£140)Andy had 3rd,4lb cod (£80) Mark 4th 3.5lb cod (£30) Andy also had heaviest bag, 4 cod 10lb (£60) so a good day was had by all! A 9lb cod won. Andy reeled a fish in with one of his own hooks already in it,s mouth, then I reeled one in with one of his hooks in it,s mouth also ;D even though he was fishing the opposite side of the scar to me! We think it must have picked up his hook after he,d snapped it off. I lost a fish at least as big as the one I got the following cast pulling it through the weed and had a couple of good bites that were hitting hard then dropping loads of slack. Mark fished the other end to us and managed to get the only fish from that area.

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: Eastenders SAC open

Sounds like a real good day Ramrod - well done to you all.

Good news for me too today. My bad luck vibe thingy went to Cloughton after the fork snapped last night and I managed 5 fish for 23 pounds in the club tonight. Also lost 2 fish off of around 5 pounds each. Was expecting the car not to start or something but all went well. ;D ;D ;D

3. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Well done Glen! I don,t know if I feel happier for you cos you caught the fish or cos you managed to get through the day without having that bad luck you,ve been having! It,s a good example of the changing fortunes of fishing, bet you sleep like a baby tonight. Nice one mate :)

4. Baramundi Bob

[​IMG]

;D ;D ;D

5. Barny

Barny New Member

bob i am off to cloughton tonight where did you pick your fish up at mate spider hole we have been up there 3 times this week and as been totally fruitless any help would be great thanks

6. mww

mww Rockling

Fish last night came on like a switch had been thrown about an hour into the flood. As long as there's still a nice bit of movement, try starting on end of Spider Hole, cast about 45 deg out to sea, then as you get flooded off, try the scaurs just to the side (rh side as you look at the sea) of the Big Rock, the Big Rock itself or the scaurs between the Big Rock & back of the Wyke. Even the back of the Wyke could be worth a go from half tide, but when I was in there on Saturday, there was a lot of loose weed in the edge - couple of fish that I got picked a load of loose stuff up in the last 20-30yards.

Hope this helps - let us know how you get on.

Cheers

Mart

7. Barny

Barny New Member

will do thanks mart

8. Baramundi Bob

Good Luck Barney

9. Barny

Barny New Member

could not get down there last night for a chuck as my mate was to be at work early this morning so we took a trip down kettleness but nothing to report really got a bite first chuck it worked out to be a fish of about 2lb so put it back got a few finerkey bites but did not result in any thing will be at cloughton sat thanks for the tips mart /glenn give them a look next time i am there thanks barney

10. mww

mww Rockling

Barny

Had a look at the sea around 1900 last night - while there was still a nice bit coming into Scarborough North Beach, not sure it would have been great for Cloughton - it's a bit hit & miss down there on a northerly anyway, & my better sessions (with a notherly....south easterlies are a different matter!!) have come when it's just about fishable. Shorter, choppier swells are generally better than big grounding swells.

Wouldn't have fancied Spider Hole last night, although there are a couple of areas that might have produced a few fish, Raggle Scaur's one.

Anyway, good luck next time...

Mart

11. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Had a few chucks down Cloughton myself last night. Sea not big enough for the Wyke itself so went to the left. Got a mop out in about 2 minutes flat then lost one next cast. Missed a stonking bite following cast, don,t ask me how. Managed to get another two from the same spot then had a mooch about back towards the path. Got one more out then had a cast at the Salt Pans which was the only cast I had which did,nt produce a bite. All the fish were mops and returned for Mart and Barny.

12. mww

mww Rockling

Ray

I would think that my pet mop is totally sick of being caught & released by now, so would you please leave him alone!!!!

All this moving from mark to mark is tiring him out as well - there's a limit to how fast the little chap can swim round the Wyke you know!!

Mart

13. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

LOL ;D