1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Eastenders (again)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Ramsrod, Feb 12, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

Its a bizzare cast for sure,but it seems to work.The rod stays low right through the cast,its all tip speed and a beast of a rod that does it(and prime peeler out of the traps).Have told him to go to the tournaments and have a blast but he's not interested.I reckon with the light line the tourny casters use and one of the tuned reels they use,he could get in the high 200's no problem whatsoever.Raymondo can sling a lead when he needs to,but he used to like snapping rods. ;)

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

That day and it was very early in the season - Filey open I think, he caught all the fish on a single lugworm.

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

Thats true he did,they wouldn't take crab that day,one big black at distance was the order of the day.I remember your fish,it was only about 17" long but just as deep wasn't it?lol

4. mikefish

mikefish Blenny

Remember the fish well glen.
    Cracking 4 pound tadpole.

5. Baramundi Bob

Always happens to me at long hole Mike. I thought I'd struck into a monster this year and it was a flaming Ling.

When I hooked that stumpy I thought Id won the match. Its head came out the water and it was a head of a 10 pounder ( I saw my name in flashing lights) then the fishes body came out - what there was of the body that is. It was a great big stumpy like Danny devito's dad. Suddenly the lights stopped flashing.

6. smokey

smokey Rockling

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Where is this long hole you keep mentiomning glen , robin hoods?

8. smokey

smokey Rockling

About a mile round the left hand side of RHB.Its a nice big flat scar in front of the trawler.

9. Baramundi Bob

Never caught more than a couple of fish there in all the years Ive fished. But some people seem to have it sussed. A very dangeroues venue though.