1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

East Coast - North Sea Storm Surge Coming

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Nov 8, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7085394.stm

;)

2. macky

macky New Member

i was on hull docks tonight
    and the tide was only a 5.4mtr, it looked a lot higher

but apparently the early morning tide tomro is the big one

3. Steve

Steve Rockling

yes but did you catch anything more importantly

4. Baramundi Bob

looked at the Esk tonight and at low tide it looked like the tide was about 2 and half hours from high tide. Something is beginning to happen :eek: :eek:

5. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yep very begining,,,,,,,, fished over low water tonight , looked like 2.5m tide nevr m,iond a 1.2 sea was really surging too , abit naughty for the un aware really ,,,,,, fishing was sheite too,

6. macky

macky New Member

i wasnt fishin m8, was just lookin, saw a few yting and a codling come out steve lol

but the river didnt look right
    2 hours after hi water its usually running like a train but wasnt tonight

7. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

i notice dav never told ya i was with him and i got two fish, a bit of luck though i think ;D, as the surge was really quite unbelievable tonight, when it looked safe to go down on the rock edge, all of a sudden it would fill back up with two meters of water,, very very dangerous. :eek:

8. Dav

Dav Rockling

sorry paul i forgot to mention them two small mops you had ;D,,,,,and yes your spot on ,except it was alot of luck never mind abit ;D ;D.....ill give yer that one ;)

9. Lobbers

i dont know how you dare call them mops blanker boy ;D ;D

10. Dav

Dav Rockling

I blame me rod tonight ,thats what it is :eek:,,,,,,its the rods fault..... ;D ;D....

11. rusty1

rusty1 New Member

Bet it aint the first time you've said that phrase eh dav ;) ;D and not in the same contect as here

12. Lobbers

the second you landed tonight bud what did i say,, its fu#/[;,ing gangerous down here tonight.
    you could see the massive surges of water, one second it looked low water then the next half tide,

i did do well to get a couple of fish though ;D ;D ;D

13. Dav

Dav Rockling

Yeah it was abit dangerous like paul , i hate fishing when the seas surging like that reminds me once when i was fishing parton hole in a big nw, the beach was there one minute then gone the next ,the surges were just running up the gulley un obstructed very dangerous , Im glad i never bothered fishing the flood tonight tho could of been nasty especially since the sea was still building , yeah must admit you did do well to spot them bites like , err sorry ill re phrse that , did do well to reel in them larrys in ;)

rusty its always me rod or somthing you should know that ;D :),,,,,but noticed sometimes when i forget to wind me cotton on me bait clockwise the fish know this and leave well be ;D ;D

14. Baramundi Bob

Well if it was like that at Port Mulgrave what would it have been like at the less protected marks ?

15. Baramundi Bob

Just been looking at the site stats. Normally the site will get a couple of hits per day for people looking for north east web cams. This morning there is hundreds of hits on this search term.

16. kevrev

kevrev New Member

is it worth me making trip from Leeds this weekend to fish the beaches or am I wasting my time with the surge and weather etc? thanks in advance for any advice

Kev(new member)

Depends which beaches you mean mate. I would think Holderness will be a write off :)

17. bucko

bucko Guest

Sounds like it was a bit spicy in Scarborough.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/north_yorkshire/7086547.stm

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

get ure swell down bud , shoiuld be perfect pover the weekend , i dare say it will be ok now ....surge been and gone probably still alot of sea on but sure somewere will fish like runswick ....