1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early Trip Off with Fishfinder

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Acko, Apr 12, 2007.

1. Acko

Acko Rockling

I took my boat off yesterday. What a glorious day the sea was like a millpond. Ive just got a Navman fish-finder. Im not a fan of fish-finders But I like to see whats on the bottom (the ground).
    I was pleasantly surprised however I had a 1/2lb lead on and 2 muppets above it, I could see the sinker and even the muppets on the bottom on the screen.
    Fish were few and far between mind you. I only caught 1 small whiting and a small pouting all day.
    It was a lovely day managed to test my new equipment and get a Suntan lol
    Not a bad day overall

2. smokey

smokey Rockling

Try baiting Acko,not sure about up your way but down here in Filey,the water is no where near clear enough for luring.Not be long before a spring run arrives with the peelers. ::) ;) ;)

3. Ringer

Ringer Rockling

had a look off with my boat today for an hour.tried bait and jiggers to no avail.put a shad on and had a codling within 5 minutes.unhooked it and dropped down again straight into the mouth of a bigger fish but lost it half way up.had to come in as tide was ebbing and had to make it back to the moorings.put 5 lobster pots in as well to see if any about yet.going tomorrow to haul them and do a spot more fishing.boat and engine went fine.was nice to be back out there bobbing about like a cork lol

4. Acko

Acko Rockling

I used bait on Wednesday My mate tried jiggers etc But it just seemed like there was nothing there to be honest?
    We tried Saltburn area under Huntcliffe We tried 3 to 4 miles off and everything inside right upto a few hundred yards off.
    Might Pop her back in if we have a nice day and try under the cliffs Boulby side?
    I just been to School and passed my exam Im a VHF qualified operator now.

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

We had the VHF on scan yesterday,there was 2 12 year old girls missing around the North Landing Cliffs area at Flamborough,we were picking up the Humber Coastguard updating the search,not sure if they were found or not ::) ::)