1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early season scaling dam

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by foo, Mar 10, 2009.

1. steveevo

steveevo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

not much doing 2day (monday) i got 2 stockies, rich nowt ha ha, only seen another 5 taken all day pretty crap really, its like cod fishing im cursed i tell yer, :death:

2. bucko

bucko New Member

It just shows how quickly things can change at this time of year.

This mild weather should get them on the feed though.

3. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

they are in pockets stevevo. Between 3 of us we had 5 fish in 4 hours fishing the gusbrough end of the dam. We moved to the whitby end and got a dozen or so in 2 hours missing s**t loads of bites. Find the fish and you will bag up.

4. bucko

bucko New Member

Its often like that up there- I remember taking the missus fishing there a few years back. Worked really hard at the Guisborough end and moor side for one stockie on fly. Went to the Whitby end and saw a couple jump. Using 3 or lobworms you didn't even have time to get the rod on the rest before it started bending.
    7 fish in less than three quarters of an hour.

5. steveevo

i swear to god as soon as i pay my money the little buggers are watching me, im thinking guisboro dam wall end, so they go whitby end, :laugh: i go whitby they go guisboro, i go east they go west i go north they go deep and hide :laugh: arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr :sad:

6. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Whats the cost these days,i havn't done trouting for years ,can you still get a day licence as well as your day ticket

7. steveevo

scalling is pretty cheap real compared to others, £20 for 8 fish limit which i havnt hit yet :ugly: yes they do day and season licence it has gone up slightly, not to sure what it is though. ea website givs u the updated info

8. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

as stevevo said harry, it is £20 for an 8 fish ticket and a day rod licence costs £3.50.

tightlines

Dan

9. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

championy championy away away away. Unlucky lads close run thing but the cream rose to the top in the end :whistle: :whistle: :butt:

10. bucko

bucko New Member

Nice one Foo- and with such good flies on the way any future challenges should be a landslide in your favour!;)

11. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Do you still put coins in a machine or post it in the box in a envelope :whistle:

12. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

there is always someone at the desk harry and they give you the ticket and take your money

13. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

thanks mate i may just get my trouting gear out :yes:

14. steveevo

well done foo for catchin a foo :laugh: nice fish u deserve it let the battle begin!!!

15. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

lost me mate :cool: :happy: :wink:

16. cassshantia

cassshantia part timer but enjoy every minute

sat must of been fun, a mate of mine said that his dad s mate had 21 fish
    not sure how he was fishing