1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Early Sea Trout

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by faulkus, Feb 24, 2013.

1. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

Hi Everyone
    Although its still freezing outside its only around 10 weeks until I'll have my first sea trout sessions (not that I'm counting :yes:).

I always give it a go in May but have only caught once - on the Till. Nothing from the Wear until June.

Anyone else have much joy for those early fish? Any tips or experience you can share?

2. bucko

bucko New Member

Now then Stu

I have fished Till in February. We fished Redscar and Brian Thompson gave us some real indepth information on where the early fish lie.
    Sadly a blizzard came in off the Cheviots and it got too severe to carry on fishing.
    I would love to give it a go again as the early fish on there are of a very good stamp.

3. Dav

Dav Rockling

I had a couple of early seatrout last year . Talk about hard fighting fish . Defo worth the effort .

4. Dav

Dav Rockling

Being laid up with tendinitis has been abit of a blessing as its given me the opportunity to tie up some seatrout flies . looking forward me sell to having a crack at them again .

5. Davo

Davo Rockling

Hope you sorted sooner rather than later Dav, and get out there fishing.

There were a decent number of seatrout in the pools of the Tees last April if i remember correctly. I meant to target them, but i got interested in the Tees barbel and chub instead.

6. faulkus

faulkus Blenny

What have you been tying up Dav?

7. Dav

Dav Rockling

Nowt special mate just a variety of colours/sizes on silver tubes . mainly black with yellow /blue/red etc . mainly because this is all i tend to fish when night fly fishing . Cheers . and good luck with the up and coming season bud .