1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Double Festival Winner Trot On Taking Bookings For 2014 Festivals

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by E.F.C. FOREVER, Apr 1, 2014.

1. E.F.C. FOREVER

E.F.C. FOREVER Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi lads and lasses just to let you know that TROT-ON CHARTERS are taking bookings for the spring,summer, and autumn festivals. Give Paul a ring on : 07766995847

[​IMG]

Whitby Angling Festival 2013 Dates

Spring comp : – Sat 6th April – Sat 21st April inc.
    Summer comp : – Sat 22nd June – Sun 14th July inc.
    Autumn comp : – Sat 14th Sept – Sun 29th Sept inc.
    Uptiding Festival – Dates To Be Announced

Last year was a excellent year for TROT-ON CHARTERS winning both the spring and summer festivals with more than double the prize money won for there anglers than any other boat in Whitby.

Last Summers Festival 1. Paul Pemblington-Mansfield-19lb-01 1/2oz-Cod-Trot On 11 Wins £5000

[​IMG]

This year they are going for the "hat trick" of festival wins something I believe has never been done before

Anyway if you fancy a chance at winning up to 5,000 pound cash give Paul a ring on : 07766995847

[​IMG]

Read about last years event here.
    All Trot On Forum Topics Here.

Cod help me !

Attached Files:

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Re: TROT-ON CHARTERS

Perry, you need to get some free editing software bud and rotate that first image.

3. Baramundi Bob

Superb fast boat. Won the festivals many times before with big fish. What you waiting for lads ??

4. E.F.C. FOREVER

Cheers for advice glenn will take it all onboard and give it a try.
    Thanks

cod help me !

5. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Already booked for the 14th and 15th this month.
    Got my summer one booked as well ;) ;) and just waiting for these bloody 6 nights a week to end Just got this week and next to do then have the
    11th - 22nd off
    The daughter is over from Australia and yes Perry I have asked her to bring some of those shads. So I might catch up with you if you are at home

Carl

6. E.F.C. FOREVER

Haha how you guess mate ??? Look forward to seeingbya been 2long

cod help me !

7. halfprice

halfprice Owt For Nowt

Hoping to get on Pauls boat and give the festival a go myself this spring

There you go Perry

Attached Files:

8. Baramundi Bob

Hi Perry, please feel free to keep bumping this topic back to the top.

9. E.F.C. FOREVER

Cheers halfprice appreciate it and glenn cheers for the help ive nearly got knack of website im having to do everything off my phone at minuite as my laptops buggered bit will get there.
    Thanks

cod help me !

10. mick48

mick48 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done Perry you have done a great job hope dolly proud of your advertising keep it up

11. E.F.C. FOREVER

It will get better just starting out doing it mick. Once I get a new laptop sorted and able to get my head around the in's and outs will be much better
    cheers

cod help me !

12. Baramundi Bob

One word of advice Perry. This forum will outshine Facebook or personal websites in terms of advertising where you only have a handful of interested individuals.

The simple reason is Ive been building an audience for about 10 years now, the site is established, it has traffic which is both returning and directed from Google and social media pages.

With that in mind I would say to do best, focus your advertising right here. Killer will vouch for it, hes booked non stop and advertises in very few other places. Mick Leonard also did the same.

What I say to skippers is though, I expect some exclusivity otherwise my free goodwill soon runs short.

13. mick48

(What I say to skippers is though, I expect some exclusivity otherwise my free goodwill soon runs short)

The trouble is Glenn there are a good few skippers are not computer literate and don't like using them maybe to look at but not put reports up,

you only have to look at there calendar on there homepage even that not filled in. killer is good at doing reports and such like but don't shoot me down for saying if other skippers put effort like Paul does to show there catches etc they would reap the rewards like you say

Paul is doing and take more trade but Paul would suffer fewer bookings swings and roundabouts, so come on you skippers out of Whitby get your family to help you out with computer and GET YOUR REPORTS ON it would be nice to see something different to titles like ANOTHER GREAT DAY ON SEA OTTER lets see some of your boats name up for a change.

14. Baramundi Bob

Your banging your head against a brick wall there mate, Some of them will never come out the dark ages, but their business is suffering and will continue to suffer as a result.

Im pleased that Dolly is getting Perry on board, but what im saying is if your using this forum for the benefit of your business then I expect some loyalty in return otherwise Ill just remove the advertising and favour Killer.

15. E.F.C. FOREVER

End of day I am doing a mate a favour.
    Im very loyal to my friends even ones who I dnt really have much to do with now
    but at one point did me a good turn I dont forget acts of kindness.
    As I am sure glenn u know this because u helped me no-end when me and chris were kids and I have been thankfull for that ever since and always spoke and been friendly when have seen you.
    Even chris came round to mine other day for a cuppa and catch up and was great to see the lad. I aint totally sure what you are expecting in return glenn as I aint a computer whizz but as for photos and catch reports I am more than happy to post them on your site and the website you host for dolly I dnt know if that affects this site or not
    (crnt imagine it would) and am getting to grips with that aswell
    Cheers mick48 for your kind comments and words of encouragement they are greatly appreciated :)

cod help me !

16. Baramundi Bob

Cheers Perry,

All I ask for in return for free advertising is basically what i have told John Whitton before and that is for reports and pictures on the forum from trips, and for them not to be plastered everywhere else on the internet.

Obviously I'm not in a position to say where people should put their info but if they want free advertising here then I expect something in return which is consistent reports and photos which by and large are exclusive to the site.

I think this is a great deal for the likes of Dolly as I know that adverting here gets people a hell of a lot of business, but at the end of the day everyone has choices and has to do the right thing for their own business.

17. mick48

Yeah its good your doing it looking forward to when you put a report on from summer festival when a certain landlady beats you nearly like she did last year perry

Sent from my GT-I8190N using Tapatalk

18. E.F.C. FOREVER

I beg 2 differ ha

cod help me !

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Mick you are right more boats do need to post it all makes very good reading perry is doing a great job with pauls postings more needed all round.

paul.

20. mick48

Mick no disrespect these catches that are posted arent invented they are real and after near on 30 years at doing the job i have learnt just a tadge about changeing tactics on how make the best out of the 12 months we have in a year on catching cod plus the ropes have to be off in the first place before you can put up any report there is one thing in this life you only get out what you put in nothing is for free. yes I agree with you not disputing anything about catches Paul, first time I came to Whitby wreck fishing is before you started over 35 years ago Paul I have been fishing with you and i regular go on another boat so I do actually know first hand who catches what and were, what I am trying to say is what I and a lot of other people think we wish other charter boats followed you as an example and put reports on. take Dolly never seen him say boo on a computer and I think Perry has done a very good job trying to advertise or help Dolly if that's the right word. one thing at least there is some fishing reports coming out of Whitby you don't hear anything about Bridlington or Hartlepool charters so you can say owt better then nowt regards Mick