1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Donkey in Flintons Harbour?

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by smokey, Jan 30, 2007.

1. smokey

smokey Rockling

Have any of the lads struck into a monster down in Flintons and been smashed to pieces by it??I know that in the Filey club matches,it has been hooked 8-9 times since the start of October and the closest it's been to shore is 30 yards.A lad in our Filey club had him on again last night and was having to drag it in ,both hands on rod,just to get a few yards back only for it to crash dive 30 yards out.The guy in question is a professional fisherman and swears its a mule.He lost it first cast last night,blobbed in 30 yards out next cast where he lost it,trying to pick it up again,only to get a 6lb er.Next cast produced a fish of 11.5lb,with 2 other snoods in it and 3 more fish for a bag of over 25lb.He said,compared to the fish he lost,the 11.5lb er felt like a mop,he said he thinks its a 20 or bigger and hes not the sort of guy to lie.2 other lads in our club confessed to having it on(and losing it) in the last few weeks.It must be a native for it still to be there since october,so anyone fancy having a go at tamimg him?????? ;D ;D

2. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Robbie Harrison by any chance ?

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

Unusually Glenn,no,A certain Mr Haxby,Robbies having a lean spell since his monster bag ;D ;D ;D ;D

4. Baramundi Bob

He'll be warming himself up for another run no doubt. Sounds like a nice fish Smokey. I here that area is fishing well. Didn't a lot of fish in the bell trophy come from there ??

I never saw you at the weigh in ??

5. smokey

smokey Rockling

Was there Glenn,our lad was having a good natter with killer about port.Only had one,3 lb had a chance of one more,most of the fish was in cornelian.

6. pigeonian

pigeonian Guest

looks like you need to send for lobbers .........lol

7. smokey

smokey Rockling

lol,someone will get it out shortly,there was one similar on BRAIL up on Flamborough tops about 6 years ago,filey and brid anglers had it on countless times,once you put it over the pole and tryed to lift it out of the water it tipped 2 men off the ground.Turned up in a Brid boats trammels at the end of that winter,if i remember right it weighed 36lb gutted and had numerous snoods hanging from it.

8. Baramundi Bob

Start of last year I fished Runswick with Mike Fish. He hooked into a fish and I never seen anything like it. I was watching the rod bounce like you wouldn't believe and I'm not exaggerating when I say the fish pulled him seawards. It got fast up, he gave it some slack thinking it would swim free and bugger came off.

We were gutted but the place we fished is renowned for the biggies and we have both had doubles from off that very same rock.

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Did a few sessions last winter down flintons in our club matches and never blanked once started down there in the bell on the front rocks and snapped one off first cast but ended up on cornelion island there was fish there got 2 first 2 cast and missed a cracking bite jeremy had lost 3 before i got there robby was still cooling down from his big bag and as allways we had a bit of crack.

10. cps

cps Rockling

must of heard i was coming and vacated the area , i dont let em go very often, only mops last night 5 for about 7 lb guy hanley was in the back of flintons all night , he had a couple of better mops for 7 lb and also had seal troubles

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

This flintons harbour ,is it the scarborough end of cayton bay ? off them rocks

12. rich123

rich123 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

did the fish get court????

13. jamier

jamier Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

where abouts is flintons harbour? and has the fish been caught yet?

14. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

I had something big on 7-8 years ago while fishing there with the chunky monkey damm thing nearly pulled me vectra out of me hands, i could`nt even get a turn on the slosh30 handle while it was trying to rip the rod out of me hands then ping gone,
    would of loved to get that out,
    but now i think this thread will see plenty trying for it and maybe some one will get the pig/beast out

15. riley.

riley. Blenny

only time where i had a pig on was ontop of sters brew....

16. Slim Jim

Slim Jim Blenny

Might it be a seal. ??? If so Torchy might be the man for the job :canadian: :canadian: :canadian:

17. baza

baza New Member

might it be a conger eel. i had a very similar experience to some described about 6years back in hartlepool marina. i put it down to a big eel that are known to live there

18. brocky

brocky Hot Rod !!!

wer is this flintons harbour?

19. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Sounds like resident conger unless its a 40lb cod ?

paul.

20. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

The Ruskies have the answer

This might just tempt the donkey http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX60m9CxIoo
    well it made me smile :embarrass: