1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DOBLE FIGURE COD WRECKING ON SEA-OTTER 2

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Mar 18, 2016.

1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Out wrecking yesterday weather good tides bang on everything looked just the job the lads were loaded with squid and as allways shads have to be in the bag the water isnt brilliant algie has allready started to show some years its early this year is one of them .

We started on a wreck on 3 mile water quite green tide perfect but if you aint clarity its a no go we gave it a few passes a couple of cod but i knew we needed to be a bit further offshore so off we went out to the 12 mile as soon as had our first pass over the wreck the rods were in dave my crewman was flying round the deck with the net.

We ended up 9 miles of whitby on a couple of favoutite ground marks and sure enough as i said to the lads allways a good chance of biggy here had some belters over the years over 30lb cod and ling from these spots we did a couple of drifts then one lads rod was bouncing nicely i knew he had connected to a better fish when it came up to the surface it looked well into double figures and it was touched 14lb plus there was other really nice also coming aboard off the same mark happy days for the boys.

Here is the 14lber and few other snaps from yesterday.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is a shot of nice ling we got uptiding last week it was 13lb a nice ling fir litterally just under the cliffs.

[​IMG]

Cheers paul.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 4
  2. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice work paul,

benefits of a "bigger" boat, too much secondary swell y/day for us

"tuperware" men.

early algie is all we need for this early time in season, or,

better get it over with & then fish on.

3. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some nice looking fresh fish again Paul, got to take my hat off to you, you do it week in week out, day in day out and always doing your best for your anglers, no doubt you're going to have another very successful year and in my opinion fully deserved

4. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Thanks guys we did a bit of steaming about yesterday but it paid off the lads loved it nice day at sea not a lot of sun but a really nice day in the end and some very nice fish as well .

Cheers paul

Last edited: Mar 23, 2016
  5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Don forget. The £1000. Spring festival starts on Saturday 2 nd April and runs for 2 weeks Sea Otter 2 will be in the thick of it if you fancy your chances of catching that £1000 fish and we will be giving it that 150% as usuall give me a bell on 07748705695.

Cheers Paul

Last edited: Mar 21, 2016
  6. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Good stuff Paul. Last time out I could not stop being sick, that lasted well into the next day too so think I had a bug. Could not really fish well that day. Plenty more days to come

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

It happens Simon you will be fine next time the sea was a bit rolly Polly when you out last time mate .

Paul

8. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Spring Festival starts 2nd april Sea-Otter 2 will hopefully be smashing it a few shots here of some belting cod from last year.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

tel 07748705695.

Cheers paul,