1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disgusting!!

Discussion in 'Non Fishing Chat' started by 1LASTCAST, Dec 13, 2011.

1. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

so nice that scarborough has had 20 million approved towards the spa area,i dont even live in whitby but think the people deserve better....A LOT BETTER!! totally unfair,think that this will only fuel the situation,when the hell are they going to do the right thing for these people!! while scarborough flourishes whitby rots into the sea!! :angry: :angry:

2. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

who,s 20 million.
    wish they would build a pier straight out for about a mile with the money to make up for trashing marine drive ,you need to be a mountain goat to fish it now,wonder how long before someones seriously hurt on the acropods while fishing.

frank.

3. 1LASTCAST

1LASTCAST Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

your right frank, i think its appauling that one town can can have all this work approved and thats on top of the other countless millions and the piers have been left to rack and ruin,the accropods were the worst thing to happen to the drive however still cost millions and still went to scarborough,the drive was there like that for years,surley the piers should have been considered before that.

4. Steve

Steve Rockling

Hey try living in bridlington. We were gonna get a marina back in th fifties. There still arguing about it. Two weeks ago they turned down plans for a multi story carpark. Bottom line it was a private venture and the council wouldnt make a penny. If any of you saw
    the tv program restoration nightmare the other week. A guy on there said in 35 years doing his job, east riding council was the worst he's come across

5. boro boy

boro boy Blenny

it stinks scarborough getting all the cash, whitby should off gone in wuth middlesbrough when they had the chance years ago. when some one gets hurt fishing on marine drive they will say you shouldnt be on that side of the wall.

6. god ov all cod

god ov all cod Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

same as the skinny jetty its a work monument the grove used 2 be a port and there used 2 be loads ov boats dock and loads of tourists but no our council av spent money on that stupid sea defence at redcar that no1 can see over it and that thing ov a peir there buliding its rediculas i think

7. twd

twd Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

It stinks, the whole thing is just a farce. I was visiting family this last weekend in S/boro and read in the SEN about winter parking charges [arcticle here] It is actually cheaper to park in Edinburgh than S/boro, it costs £1 per hour on the street in most places central.

There was an article in the SEN that was nothing but a contradiction regarding the Woodlands Crematorium and the solar panels that are fitted on the flat roof... the feature said the Crematorium could face disciplinary action from SBC due to the solar panels..... the thing is, is that the Crematorium is owned by SBC..... what a contradiction! The reason I mentioned this is due to its services being used by both Whitby & S/boro families.
    But also some years ago I was told by a senior person that SBC would never spend vast amounts of money on the Crematorium because, and I quote "In the eyes of SBC, Woodlands Crematorium is nothing but a money making machine. The only money spent will be on a lick of paint and new carpet from time to time. Its a money making machine, SBC dont care about anything else but profit".

Says a lot really......

SBC should be overhauled and a new younger generation brought in, who have a vision for the future, not these archaic dinosaurs who seem to have been there for too long.

SBC makes me :vomit:

8. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

100% agree. my local sports club was run by the dinosaurs, i went on the committee years ago yo try and turn them round,you just could,t win.

they out numbered us and had all the top places ,president, vice , secretary and vice, treasurer and vice , chairman ,and when he was away the president chaired the meetings ,

now the club is on it,s knees because the young ones just dont want to know any more,
    the old farts have died, and the rest of the yes men just use it as there own toy ,

it will be dead as a do do in about 5 years :angry: