1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did the proposed sea fishing licence fee just double ???

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Feb 19, 2007.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

I've just had a very interesting conversation with a fellow angler from the south of the country, who like me has great concerns about the sea angling strategy ( http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/recreational-sea-angling-strategy.php ). Something that appears to have gone unnoticed has been brought to my attention :

point 6.2

• Liability insurance

It is being suggested that as well as having to pay a licence fee of roughly 20 pounds per year it is also suggested that anglers will be forced to insure themselves with public liability insurance. Yep at a cost of £17 pounds per anum and guess who will supply us with that insurance ??? The NFSA the very people who drafted the first RSA Strategy. Looks like they are trying covertly to bring about a situation where you have to sign up to the nfsa.

This is shocking and makes me wonder what else is lurking in the great sea angling strategy that we don't know about.

2. gwyn

gwyn Blenny

Re: Did the proposed licence fee just double ???

I thought that being in a club part of the fee for joining was for public liability insurance and that was paid to the federation which the club was affiliated to, the club I am a member of is affiliated to the Northern Federation and pays them a fee to cover all members for public liability insurance I have just found out

3. smokey

smokey Rockling

Re: Did the proposed licence fee just double ???

The club i fish in,everyone is covered,ironically or not through the federation.I know the fee we pay is only just over a £1 per man and the club pays this for each member when they join and pat their subs.