1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Derwent Angling Association

Discussion in 'Fresh Water Fishing Website Reviews And Links' started by Davo, Apr 20, 2008.

1. Davo

Davo Rockling

Here's a link to Derwent A.C. It looks a nice little river.

http://www.derwentangling.co.uk/

2. bucko

bucko Guest

There's some nice water on there. It enters the Tyne just below Dunston but a quick amble upriver and it soon turns into quite a nice looking river.
    I've got friends who live in the old mill at Lintzford and the Derwent runs through their back garden- It seems to have no shortage of free rising fish and a canny few salmon and sea trout at the back end of the season.

3. Davo

Davo Rockling

Migratories as well eh mmm. Barrowford Angling Club looks interesting as well.

4. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

The river was recently stocked for a juniors compo. Some nice Brownies put in at Shotly Bridgeodl pump house and Allensford. Couple of six pounders which have yet to be caught. I was down yesterday and caught what i thought was a big un.But i had hooked a fish about pound and half through its tail with my leadhead lure. Thought it was going to snap my 4lb breaking strain but managed to land it after a fight.

Day visitors can buy a days fishing ticket from a few venues. Shotly Bridge post office does them for £6 and so does the shop at Allensford. Tickets also available at AMH Angling at Annfield Plain.