1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent Night At Sandsend

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 28, 2010.

1. langy

langy Rockling

have a look on the forum for smokeys big coley ;)

2. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

3. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

4. langy

langy Rockling

5. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

6. langy

langy Rockling

well i aint a freak who sits on computer 24/7 am i :canadian: my hands are quicker for summat else :embarrass:

7. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

That first photo is a cracker Glenn.

8. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

cracking session nice to see and a great billet well done all

9. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well ive now seen what cod luck like,well done
    while fishing beach ive watched peeps going along cliff ,do you fish from height into bay or can you get down low

10. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Smokeys coley is a beaut isnt it !!. We were talking about it last night and what it must have been like to get such an awesome fish from the shore.

11. Baramundi Bob

There are places to fish from the cliff, and places to get down. It all depends on sea state and tide times for which venue to choose.

12. Baramundi Bob

Yes, it was about the same week Iain. But last year most of the fish came from the sewer hole whereas last night it was full of weed.

13. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hi guys, great result can I just ask what rod the guy with the daiwa fixed spool reel is using, I'm look to upgrade my kit so I can do a bit of cliff fishing but I've only got fixed spool reels and I don't want to go down the multi route yet .

Cheers

Rich

14. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

greys triplex

15. ijakk

ijakk Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Oh right a greys triplex, I have a 16ft Abu hellbender, I thought it wouldn't be up to the job but although no doubt not as good a rod as a triplex it's along similar lines, I just don't want to snap it because it's the only rod I've got apart from a greys bass rod. Do you guys use braid off the cliffs or mono say 30lb straight through, I guess you need a good 200m on the reel.

Cheers

Rich

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

some use braid some use mono. I've used a long rod off the cliffs but didn't really like it but some people don't have any problems. I now use a 13ft 6 rod with a multiplier loaded with 60lb braid and a long mono shockleader

17. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thanks langy and ducky - bloody hell it's a monster, it would have dans coaley for breakfast and still be starving, that was caught a few months before i joined the forum, (like i said all the coaleys move offshore when they get to a few pounds, ) ha ha

18. Dav

Dav Rockling

Awsome fishing chaps .....The whitby bass/cod/billet club ROCK........ :cheesy:

19. vhmoura

vhmoura Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice fishing chaps!
    I am curious: what is the rell model you used?

i am going there (probably from sandsend car park) this weekend (1-2-3 october). anyone?

20. Watersplatter

Watersplatter New Member

If I was you I would not commit until you see the weather forcast and then take note of the sea conditions the cliffs wont fish in all conditions, it has to be right.

Cheers
    Les