1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Decent Night At Sandsend

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Baramundi Bob, Sep 28, 2010.

1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Pretty straight forward type of place

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/sandsend-cliffs

2. Baramundi Bob

3. timbo007

timbo007 New Member

Cheers for your help guys - will have to have a go soon.

Coming over again this weekend so will take a walk up there and have a look. Just waiting on the weather forecasts to update before I decide where to fish.

4. biscuitlad

biscuitlad Guest

Very interesting, thanks for the detailed reply. I hadn't known green crab was such a good bait that it can turn fish onto it and turn them off other bait.

5. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

it should be nice on there tomorrow

6. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

the nite dan and damo and mike were there me and jape were next to them a had 4 billet and jape had 3 to fresh lug a tried everybait going,peeler,cart,mussel,fresh lug ,black lug nowt but billet but thats the way it goes

7. Baramundi Bob

Some would argue against it, but ive had it done to me and seen it done a lot. There are sessions when on occasion you can get fish tuned into a single bait and no-one else stands a chance unless they have. Person who has done it to me a lot is Dennis Thompson.

Without sounding big headed, I believe I know the cliffs very well and can catch as many fish as most up there. I love Bernies ledge and am always confident on there, but if Dennis shows up then I might as well go home. What he uses I dont know, Ive studied and studdied him, but anyone who knows him will kniw he will never bait up near you. He sets up camp well away from everyone.

I recall one day match on Bernies ledge. I had quality bait. Dennis had 3 fish before I could blink. Then he snapped off. So I thought great, hes out of action for 5 -10 minutes, Ill get a couple. I never had a bit. As soon as he cast back in, bang another fish in a couple of minutes.

I believe the scent stays in the water and the fish are there looking for it. If you can put the same bait in the exact same place everytime then it can be your night. Dennis always tells me, that distance is not always the key when it comes to casting, and precision can at times be what you need.

8. deadlyfish

deadlyfish Guest

Cheers Glenn Mike Dan and Damo was nice to get out with you and learn a few things and even better to get the personnal scoreboard notched :happy: cracking billet dan :happy:
    Sorry Chris didnt know it was you or i would of had a chat and your right i was being fairly quiet, i had to be its the only way I can watch and learn to try to improve my catch rate which at the mo wont be hard but I wont be beaten.
    I got my only cod on a straight black gulley bait but as has been proven in front of my eyes knowing the right bait for the right time and having it in prime condition sure does pay off.

9. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

Were they fresh run fish glenn, or gingers? ??

10. Baramundi Bob

Mostly resident fish mate, couple of fresh

11. Baramundi Bob

12. woody

woody New Member

well done glenn !!!

13. RU5TY1

RU5TY1 Glory Glory man united

well done lads top angling the cliffs are fishing well again keep it up

14. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

nice fish i have forgot what they look like :yes:

15. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

If I remember correctly Glenn you did the same thing around this time last year there

Also think it's mis leading telling you got them on Mackeral flapper, I mean surely you were tipping with sardines :suspious:

16. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

an excellent night for you lads , and a very nice bag of cod glenn , but the fish of the night for me was dans coley not many that size show up in a season - nice one

17. smokey

smokey Rockling

Great stuff guys,it just go's to prove knowing a venue within a venue is gold dust :wink: :happy:
    Dan's billet is just a baby :whistle: :wink:
    Can i ask you guys out of interest,were the mackeral flappers fresh or frozen :suspious: :whistle: tight lines

18. Crab Nut

Crab Nut Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

dans billet just a baby ? not from our local shore marks, a good one is a 2 pounder, i know they get some good ones on marine drive - but they start moving offshore when they get that size

19. smokey

smokey Rockling

It's a little private joke mate hence the :whistle: :wink: ,sorry to poke your hornets nest,i'm sure someone will fill you in :wink: :happy:

20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

crab nut, Smokey caught the british record coalie from file brigg , he was just making a joke