1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

decent head piece

Discussion in 'Sea Angling Classified Ads' started by basha, Oct 24, 2016.

1. basha

basha Blenny

as above,im after a decent head piece if anyone has one for grabs.
    had the tiga sl85 last time out but want something a tadge lighter battery wise.
    ive got 4 cree's but after something with a bitt more shelf and something i can take 1 off and not 2.
    cheers bash.

2. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Ian mozzer was selling some decent headlights in the past.

I bought a fenix last year and love it - HL55 i think it was. no wires - waterproof and drop proof to a limit.

Fenix HL55 Head Torch

In the past i had loads of shitty chinese cree lamps, all failed in one way or another.
    The HL55 is available on ebay but i am unsure if it's original or a copy ?

3. basha

basha Blenny

cheers bud,ile check that one out.
    battery life on the cree's is poor to say the least.find myself using 2 in a decent sesh.
    much appreciated fella.

4. oldtrace

oldtrace Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Helo mate, I've got a Samalite led 600 with lithium ion battery and a hope R4 for sale if you are interested.

5. basha

basha Blenny

alrite bud,ive just orderd the hl55.
    just out of curiousity how much were you looking at.they pretty expensive bitts of kitt thoughs samalite head pieces.

the hl is costing me 50 notes.

6. oldtrace

It's not seen a lot of use and was over £250 new so would do it for £125.

7. basha

basha Blenny

much appreciate the replys chaps.
    ile have a play with this hl and see how it performs.if im not happy i may just come back to you bud.

8. oldtrace

9. oldtrace

No problem mate. I'm in no rush.

10. faraday

faraday Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

the chinky cheap crees are overbright - the hl55 i have found is 900lumens max, but now i got used to it i use it on setting 2 which lasts me around 9 or 10 hours ish. All depends on the battery quality - my batteries are the ones from my shitty lamps anyway but seem ok.

i bought a decent mains charger for me batteries too.
    Again i love the hl55, water proof, shockproof, no wires, low profile with a quality headband.
    it has four settings staged as you press the button each time, when in stage 4 press and hold the button and it goes into max burst mode for approx 30seconds then reverts back to high.
    as the battery satrts to go, it will step down brightness but in stages so plenty of warning.

there is no main beam that looks like a meteorite entering the earts atmosphere - just a well balanced level of light.
    hope you are happy with yours. i never looked back and wish i had bought one years ago.

I sometimes work in lofts and other horrible places, use a small cree which takes 3 aaa but does me head in with being overbright, wires and having to resolder the wires so may well get me self another hl55 for work.

11. basha

basha Blenny

99% of the reviews on the hl were good,thanks for the thunbs up bud.
    must admit i enjoyed using my tiga back in the days but found the battery to heavey stuck around your waist,wasnt so bad sat down but majority of my fishing is stood with rod in hand quarter mile on the end of a scar somewere so reliabilty and lightness is what i was looking for.should be deliverd today so may just be out somewere tomorrow for a test run.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. oldtrace

nitecore do a similar one but the output is controlled by a slide so it is infinitely variable from zero to 900 lumens. Also has 3 coloured led options as well. great light but throws a pool of light rather than a beam. It's great for piers and beaches but I prefer something with a bit of throw when fishing off the rocks.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. basha

basha Blenny

well i orderd my light and recieved an email saying it would be delayed for a wk so cancelled the order and got a refund.
    i rung keith saltburm who had the same head piece,so shifted down there to grab one.top service as always and a grt discount.think ive spent quite a lot in keiths past wk or so and they certainely hand the rewards back to you.
    first impressions is well made/robust,so looking forward to getting out there and giving it a wurl,just makes fishing simpler not having to carry multiple lights.it was the hp25r i bought.a bonus having the red light aswell,ideal for baiting up and will come in handy on the river banks aswell come the bules nxt yr.

• Like Like x 1