1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Day 1 on lucky Marion, Bass

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Spawney-Dave, Jul 18, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

As promised a look at our fishing from Lucky Marion, with this fantastic weather it was a great time to be on the water & Tuesday there was just the two of us so i decided the calm seas & sunshine were perfect for a spot of floatfishing for Bass, headed out early and a truly great day to be afloat.
    [​IMG]
    first stop was the Brigg for a quick bit of jigging, the place was heaving with mackerel & we also had a couple of codling but, soon moved on to get some sandeels for bait, bumped into Dave on Lucy May who had struggled for sandeels so decided on cod fishing instead, a bit disconcerting but undetered we carried on to my mark which shows as Bigbob sandeels on the plotter :wink:, anyway they were there six at a time so 15 minutes and we had the box full, thanks Graham :yes:
    Then it was time to find our Bass & while the action wasn't frantic I eventuall had 3 two of which were 4lb 12oz plus a 2lber, Marion had a 3lber & dropped 2 more one of which was a very good fish :yes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    topped up with Mackerel on the way home, back happy & sunburned in time to get the boated cleaned & ready for our trip to the wall tomorrow in search of Shark :happy:

just sorting some video of Wendesday's events so watch this space :yes:

2. GJW

GJW Rockling

Fantastic Dave.. Glad you got amongst the bass.. What better way to spend a day... Great Stuff.

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Nice to see you back amongst the bass Dave. You seem to know the spots for the better fish. Masses of sandeels up here this year too. My only problem is keeping them alive.

4. Spawney-Dave

Spawney-Dave Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just spawney as you know Glenn :yes: I am constructing a pumped system for the boat but all i am using at the moment is the Float-rite bucket, kept 20 launce alive all day & i release what was left to swim away & feed the filey pollock at the end of the day :happy:

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Yeah I have the same bucket thingy Dave, I think I kept mine out the water a bit long the other day, or maybe I put too many in there. Lost quite a few. Maybe was the heat.

Its nice to see the bass are arriving though Dave. Just wish I lived closer to get at them more often.

6. cps

cps Rockling

I have one keep them all day no bother , live well is better though

7. andym

andym Rockling

Brilliant Dave something exciting about waiting for a float to slide out of view

8. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Great report and some nice fish there Dave, well done mate