1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

damaged tip

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by scrubbs, Jan 3, 2014.

1. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

:mad:
    my beachcaster/pier rod has got "damaged" and I either need a new tip or its 6" shorter.
    does anybody know where I can look for a tip app 60cm long that would do.
    Its a shakespeare salt travel rod I am guessing the same as the agility.
    It would cost about £60/£70 for a new one so for something under a tenner it would be worth repairing or I fit another end ring on whats left.

:-\ advice please

Attached Files:

2. brian carragher

brian carragher Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Two breaks in the tip, that's bad going and not worth trying to repair it, best bet would be to contact Shakespeare and see if they can supply a new tip section

3. scrubbs

Good idea :) will give it a go.

4. stevie62

stevie62 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I broke the end section on a diawa wilderness travel rod and had it repaired by inserting a piece of fibreglass down middle from old rod, first time i used it after that bream fishing it pulled out and all whipping unwound but was close to spigot. I ended up buying new section from diawa 30 quid, went bream fishing and was like new til i climbed it landing a nice fish and it snapped end section [ am going to get a 2 piece next time ]

5. scrubbs

I have done the "contact us" thingy on their site wouldn't accept my "zip code " but hey ho , Lets see what happens.

I am thinking of using an old rod I can nick the tip off if I can find one the right diameter/length.
    so if any body has on old busted rod??? I can use?

6. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Have u thought about buying a s/hand rod,plenty of good qlty s/hand rods available 4 the right money :)

7. pikeman

pikeman Blenny

scrubs,

take it to tackle shop and get new tip ring fitted and use as a shorter rod,

pikeman

8. scrubbs

yes that would do but as i said in my first post I am interested in the challenge of repairing it cheaply,spending £10 ish
    I do have an old abu that I could possibly use, but I would rather give it away whole to some young un :)
    Or buying a new rod with multi tips? I have seen one locally for £24 with 3 tips?? that way I get a spare rod and this one fixed. :)

Pikeman

I could certainly just have a shorter rod but... thats if I get really bored with it.

thanks for all the replies :D

9. young casper

young casper Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

you should go to yor nearest tackle shop that deals with shakespear,, they will be able to sort it with you, i know my local shop when ilived in the uk used to have the odd customer come in with shakspear stuff and they got it sorted with a fone call,,, ;)

10. scrubbs

update on the damaged tip
    someone at shakespeare forwarded my message to here

http://www.kpspares.co.uk/

and I can get a new tip for £15.00 plus £5.50 postage :) definitely cheaper but not ideal :mad:

hey ho :-\ what can you do, it's cheaper than a new one :)
    All I need now is to get the guy who bust it to pay up. ::)

11. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cheap enuff fellah,know wot u mean about guy paying up 4 damage !!,me pal snapped my tip clean off in his car boot once,to say want happy was an understatement,could of been done 4 murder lol.