1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cuckoo Ray

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by andym, Jan 6, 2014.

1. andym

andym Rockling

My brother found this washed up on a local beach yesterday be nice to get out on the kayak and have a crack at landing a live one

Attached Files:

2. jason131972

jason131972 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

a lad I know found one few days ago washed up on the holdeness too

3. LERCH

LERCH Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

One of the St Mary's lad found one alive a couple of weeks ago washed up on Runswick bay beach and it went back.

4. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=33161.msg263937#msg263937

5. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

have had them from anglesey along with most other types of ray ,never know which species will be next some nights with thornies,spotted ,undulates but a first i have heard of for the east coast ,maybe this warmer weather down to global warming will bring them over our way regular.

6. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

more common than you would think in this area, had a couple in the nets this year

7. bigsi

bigsi Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Like jason says there was one found on the holderness recently,think that one went bk alive n well.
    First i've heard of them on this coast :-*

8. andym

andym Rockling

I've heard of them before but often further north hope I can winkle one out amongst the thornies

9. bigsi

Yeh it would be nice m8ty,good luck with the cuckoo hunt andy,
    Ps had sml eyed ray in with the thornies b4 now dwn on the holderness,no size to e'm but something diff none the less :)

10. andym

andym Rockling

Cheers will give it my best shot size isn't everything bit of Variety is good think we have a lot more to target than we realise

11. bigsi

I agree andy,sum nice big sole to be caught dwn here but nobody really bothers,it's all hounds n rays ???,tightlines ladies n gents :)