1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crinan Skate fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by neil bugdol, Sep 4, 2010.

1. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Duckster ill get sorted out off over to goole in the afternoon shop there is selling 12/0 3406 hooks £12.99 for ten so thats what ill get if i cant get the 14/0 tightlines Alain

2. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

The 14/0 is perfect Alain, the gape is just enough to get round the Skate`s lip. The price I paid was £17.50 for 10 so Gerry`s is a bit cheaper, but like I said before, you`ll manage to sell your surplus to the others.

Just you go steady Daz talking like that, don`t want Paul turning up minus his dummy because there`s no room for his beer :laugh:

3. spud

spud New Member

Going up early doors Wednesday :yes: see you all there

4. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Neil ill go over to goole and if i cant get 14/0 s i leave it i can go into gerrys and get the 14/0 there ill take my crimps and pliers and make a few up should anyone need any tightlines Alain

5. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Eager beaver. :yes:

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Nowt wrong with beaver any in crinan Ha Ha

7. vrbanana

vrbanana Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I had to leave the spare case of Stella last time, his turn this time I think

8. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

On my way, just arrived at Skipsea, took a slight detour to pick up the caravan and will set off for Crinan in the morning. It`s going to be a busy weekend up there as others from anglers afloat are heading up as well, they`re stopping at the same camp site so should be a good social event.

9. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

no tent neil :laugh: so dry dry suit everyday then :laugh: :butt:

10. vrbanana

Just been out food shopping, Stella chilling in fridge ready to go in the cool box, just got to load up in the morning and wait for budgie ringing.

Had a bit of an idea and ran it past Alain, going to take the BBQ and club together for some grub and have a loch side BBQ for lunch, may even squeeze a beer in but obviously no drinking and paddling for the rest of them

11. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

so while there out you could just sit there and drink all gay pauls beer :yes:

12. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

That`ll make your load even heavier if you`ve got to carry a BBQ, the grub and all your tackle round to that point where you fish. A couple of stella`s would power the yaks enough to drop it all off for you, but if there`s no drinking and paddling :laugh: bring a pack horse.

13. vrbanana

It's already organised, no need to bribe any "special" anglers, anyway I hear you can capsize even without a beer + you need to concentrate if you're going to pull in that big flattie

14. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Don`t do capsize, only get tipped out :laugh: or sometimes pulled :laugh: :laugh:

15. vrbanana

And guess which one it will be once Pauls had a drink

16. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Headin up after work 2morro probly camp down at crinan as i wont get there till around 3-4am

17. spud

spud New Member

Loading the car just about to set off :yes:

18. vrbanana

I've just loaded the car, sure I've forgotten something though

19. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Well Ive just spent the last hour loading the van and making sure Ive not left anything ho yeah put the boat on the back that would've bean embarrassing 346 mile drive only find out ive left on the drive now sorted going to have a cup of tea then setting off keep your eyes out lads RED Sprinter and boat ( D A S Hau;lage) lets go get em tightlines Alain

20. vrbanana

Alain, which route are you taking? Will give you a flash as I pass, I'll try and stop Paul from sticking his arse out of the window