1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crinan Skate fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by neil bugdol, Sep 4, 2010.

1. vrbanana

vrbanana Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Can you let Alain know the camp site details as I can't remember the name.

We'll be setting off at lunchtime on Thursday, see everyone up there apart from Ducky

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

just think you will sleeping in your van or in a tent lol. with alain snoring like a big bull :laugh:

3. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

wont take 9 hours Alainican do it in 8 from dover go via the erskine bridge im headed up thursday night after work hope to arrive 2-3am

4. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

5. loz

Maybe a few Scottish yakers going to

6. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

may have to double the string on the anchor then :laugh:

7. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

I'll be there first thing Friday morning. It's been fishing welll over the last couple of neaps. The club has a had a lot of fish and some realy small stuff as well. It's fishing better now than it was earlier in the year. The forecast looks good so fingers crossed...

Neil.

8. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Be nice to see you again Neil

9. loz

Therell be none of that small stuff on my 14/0s

10. vrbanana

Should be arriving with first beer in hand about 6pm, paul will probably be half cut

11. Lindisfarne

Lindisfarne New Member

There's some nice little 14 pounders with your name all over them Lozz.....:)

12. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

As long as the 14lbs are pollack i wont mind or have you missed a (0) off the end tightlines Alain

13. Dorado

Dorado New Member

Sorry to miss this again - work in Ireland this weekend (too much to put off...11 bikes to photograph! :canadian:) So going ot have a couple of days chasing Irish bass from the shore.

Good luck with the weather and I hope the fishing continues as well as the boats have had.

14. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi All ive just been having a look for some mustard 3406 14/0 hooks well ive found some at gerrys £41 for 25 does anyone want to go halfs heads or tails for the odd one Ha Ha i can pick them up on my way over to crinan tightlines Alain

15. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Don`t forget to take something to tickle the barbs off Alain, a stihl saw should do the job :laugh:.
    You should manage to sell what you don`t need.

16. vrbanana

Just been in the garage trying to sort the tackle out for next week, not a chance, what a s#ithole, just going to throw it in and hope for the best

17. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Neil i bought some (lipgrip) 12/0 circle hooks but thay look small to me what do you use i always be-barb my hooks if fishing for sport and not for the table looking at the size of them big dabs it would take me and our lass a year or more to eat a wing its bad enough skinning a thornback of 10lbs never mine a bloody monster of 140 + tightlines Alain

18. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

get some BIG hooks alain. them dabs are big :yes:

19. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Duckster Mart (mww) gave me a few hooks and trace line but id like to make some more up just in case i loose them ive sent the best part of 3 hours today looking for some mustard 3406 14/0 hooks only place i can find any is at Gerry's he wants £41 quid for 25 seems a bit steep spent the rest of the day checking the trailer and boat over fitted a bigger winch as the one fitted was a chew checked my van over new oil and filters made 25 1.5 lbs leads just got to get my secret bait sorted charge my headlamp up and bobs your uncle im ready still room if you can make it ? tightlines Alain

20. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

wish i could alain. but family stuff. such as life. neil got some big hooks cheaper i think have a word with him.