1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crinan Skate fishing

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by neil bugdol, Sep 4, 2010.

1. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Myself, Daz (vrbanana) and Paul (Eagle 1) are heading up to Crinan 14 October for 4 or 5 days, we`re going to have another go at the Skate. The camp site at Lochgilphead is open and the tides are small, so we are just hoping for some good weather.
    If anyone wants to join us on the trip, they`re more than welcome.
    Hopefully this time I`ll hook up with one and not just be a spectator.

2. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

MMMmmmmm...... Tempting!!

3. loz

loz Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

No more holiday left or id be there

4. vrbanana

vrbanana Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

You forgot about me! :confused:

5. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Sorry Daz, the last I heard from Paul, he was going to see if you were making the trip.

6. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Kingfisher is there a boat launching slip would i need a4x4 or can i use my van a bit better to sleep in should it piss down quite fancy a bit of skate fishing tightlines Alain

7. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

8. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Kingfisher looks good im up for that thanks Alain

9. vrbanana

Spotted your van yesterday, you working for Cyril or do you know him? Can’t he talk for England.

I’m going to Crinan but need to change the big end bearing on the pick up first, should be done this week
    Bought a massive igloo cool box for the bait and Stella, so I’m ready

10. MidlandYakker

MidlandYakker Blenny

All hangs on whether I can get the time off....!!!

Let you know, cheers.

11. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Cyril, talk for England :laugh: I thought he was representing the whole frikin commonwealth, my ears are still ringin. I was doing a fit for him.
    Cool boxes, sod them, I`ve bought an Ice cream van :laugh:

12. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

You will only need one beer for budgie1. So it will be the wessy dab catching trip?

13. vrbanana

Neil, how close to the weekend before you get a decent indication on the weather being good enough, I,ve people wanting to book work in for October already.

14. neil bugdol

neil bugdol Blenny

Long range doesn`t look too good leading up to the 12th Daz, but it looks a lot better than it did 2 days ago. http://www.metcheck.com/V40/UK/FREE/14days.asp
    Another week or so should give a clearer picture. I`ve got my work all booked in giving me the 14th to 19th clear, so I`ll be defo going somewhere even if Crinan is off.

15. vrbanana

Wind speed between 15~20mph around the weekend, hope the forecast improves as it gets closer, will it make it fishable if the wind speed drops a little given that it's coming off land? Or is it still too exposed?

16. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

just get up there you bunch of girls.. stop moaning and catch some big dab. if not just do what paul the wessy does best and drink all week :butt:

17. vrbanana

I'm ok fishing from the shore, it's the girls in the pointy plastic boats that's the problem ..... Lol

18. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

5 mm drill will make them girls fish from the shore :cry:

19. V8_Rob

V8_Rob New Member

Damn, wish it was closer..

20. V8_Rob

V8_Rob New Member

Mind you, Autoroute quotes 8 hours to get there.. not so bad