1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cracking Double Daily Aboard TROT ON (With Pics)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by fazbats, Apr 18, 2015.

Tags:
  1. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

I've just got back from my 2nd trip in 2 days. and what a culmination to a TOP weekend

I had to work Thursday night but had sorted a flyer. So finished work at 03:00 and went straight home to get my gear and get to Whitby. I was going to be joined by my son who does not usually fish so RESULT...... Bit of Father and Son bonding going on ;D

05:30 saw us in Church Street car park being held up by a MUGGER :eek: :eek: .... Disguised as a SBC parking meter.

After dumping the gear aboard it was off to the Singing Kettle for some breakfast followed by a visit to the tackle shop for some bait. and eventually onto the boat. There were several regulars aboard on Friday Little Andy from Doncaster and WHAT A SURPRISE it was to see Lance from Oldham (I thought he was still in France) It was good to see you guys.

We started off on the wreck known as Olafs and what a Start that was fish were coming aboard at a good rate each drift. My first 2 fish were Pollack the best of which weighed in at 6lb 8oz
    [​IMG]
    (I HOPE I managed to put this picture on correctly)

Even a novice like my son Lee was in among them

[​IMG]

And then this turned up

[​IMG]

9lb 12oz which took the Daily 1st place winning me £50 and the boat sweep of £40 so RESULT for me on Friday.
    So it was into the Fleece for a quick couple of pints ;D ;D ;D

Speaking to Dolly on the way in he mentioned that with the tides as they were he was intending to go target Pollack on Saturday. I didn't have to be told twice. So Since I was not driving home as that chore was being left to Lee. it was planned that I go home inform the wife I was going back the day after and would be fishing the 2nd day.

After a late start due to 5 of the lads being late arriving it was a 2 hr steam back out to Olafs.

What a change in 24 hours............... The 1st wreck produced 1 fish in 4 drift. It was then a 20 min steam to the next wreck. That did not do too well either so it was off to the 3rd wreck where this turned up

[​IMG]

9lb 2 1/2 oz that took the Daily 1st place AGAIN it also took the boat sweep so another £80 up

All in all I have had a cracking weekend aboard TROT ON with a GREAT skipper, GREAT company AND cant wait for next week when I am back out on Friday and Saturday.
    Just had a shower and my tea so now it,s time for bed and catch up on some sleep.

Paul has spaces available this week if you fancy a trip. Call him on 07766995847

Thanks for reading

Carl

2. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good report Carl was supposed to have been out with Dolly on Monday but those that had booked the boat had let him down so day was cancelled. Was suposed to be on with Mistress tomorrow but weather has let us down. Hopefully third time lucky next Friday with Dolly hope to see you then.

3. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Heard you were out with us on Friday mate. Is it just you or is your Chris there too??? Should be a good day if forecast stays as it is now

4. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good do carl some nice fish there for you

5. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Cheer Tatch. Had a great weekend and fingers crossed for next week ;)

Had to show the "Trot On" way forward since a certain person only managed a 2nd place on day 3 AND was aboard a different boat

YES!!! You know who you are my little tubby scaffolder friend ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

When you out next Tatch?

6. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Seems like most of the wrecks were producing fish on Friday - we had a great day on Mistress - but nothing as big as your fish, so well done to you!

Lovely photos as well, thanks for taking the time to put them up for us all ;)

7. tatch1

tatch1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good question that carl they keep getting called off for the weather hopefully wont be too long

8. Mick Gibson

Mick Gibson Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Just me I think Carl, everyone else can't get time off work. Hopefully third time lucky looked at long range and it seems ok upto now but as we know that can soon change.

9. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

Should be a good do if we can get out mate. Poor Perry is STILL at work which is a shame as we are planning to stop over Fri and Sat night. It would have been nice to have a beer with him but I'm sure Dolly will be making one in ;) ;)

10. TROT-ON CHARTERS.

TROT-ON CHARTERS. Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Oi Farra !!!!!!
    Never mind me at bloody work !!!!!!
    I'm gutted internets just come back on and very dodgy I have been that busy I ain't even had the chance to phone dolly to find out how the fishing has been looks like you have had a good time onboard, nice to see that Ya still know how to cadge the cash ;-)
    I'm back on Monday so hopefully get some fishing in, plenty of reports and pictures ;-)

11. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Well done dolly nice fishing and great result for you

12. fazbats

fazbats Blenny

;D ;D ;D ;D Suicidal fish jumping on my hook mate ;D
    I'm due out again Fri, Sat so will post for you with the winning fish ;) Dolly said you would rise to it hahahaha

I will try to get over the following weekend as well and have a beer with you matey

Just got so much to do at the moment. Trying to get the house finished and on the market as I have seen one in Whitby I fancy. Speak soon matey
    Carl

13. TROT-ON CHARTERS.

TROT-ON CHARTERS. Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Look forward to it mate,

14. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Good report mate and nice work clearing up 2 days in a row