1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cracking Day Uptiding Yesterday - Mistress

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Fishy Rich, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

Ive been a bit busy so havent posted up sooner, but yesterday we went off after a few days tied up due to weather, expectations were running high as the tides are on the way up too, i was a bit unsure of whether to head back to spot where we clicked alot of good fish during the festival as i though the tides were perhaps a bit small still, but tentatively headed back and dropped anchor.

Ha no need to worry the fish were at us within minutes and stayed pretty much all day moving a couple of times as the tides eased and increased or as the fish slowed down a bit.

everywhere we stopped we took fish, i hadnt realised but by the end of the day the 5 lads had amassed between 75 & 80 cod to keep, throwing back many fish under 40cm. great to get a red letter day once in a while. the general stamp of fish was in the 2-4lb bracket with the biggest topping out at over 6lb.

best bait was squid and worm taking most of the fish.

a picture of the lads with a few of their fish at the end of the day
    [​IMG]

2. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

nice one Rich :)

Is that Den at the back with the red beanie? or doth my eyes deceive me ?

3. Shad-Mad

Shad-Mad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yep it's me. I literally lost count of how many fish I caught but for some reason I was king of the mops! I'm guessing I caught somewhere between 20 & 30 but I put everything back below about 18-20" unless they were deep hooked and still took home plenty. The ironic thing is I had every bait under the sun, including fresh lug and rag, peeler, cart, mussel, razor clam the lot and all they wanted was frozen blacks tipped with squid. They literally wouldn't look at anything else! Thankfully I had loads of blacks and when I ran out of squid (dispite having a freezer full of the stuff!) the guy next to me (sorry I'm absolutely s**t with names) who also had a shed load of fish helped me out. Another great day, thanks Rich :)

4. Kenwood

Kenwood There may be snow on the roof but still fire in he

Yep another great day plenty of fish and good crack with all the lads looking forward to next time. Rich hope you gave your lass the two bars of chocolate ?.? L.o.l

5. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

lol ken yes she got half of the chocolate ;)

6. stickman

stickman There's a difference between fishing and catching!

Well done guys :)

It just shows though - last time I was out I couldn't catch unless I had cart on the hook - fish are fickle things at times ;)

7. Shad-Mad

Shad-Mad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Yeh anybody that thinks a cod will eat anything that you put in front of it is kidding themselves. I'm out again tomorrow and have packed a mountain of squid and blacks so my guess is they will only want cart or crab!

8. Fishy Rich

Fishy Rich Guest

same again today keith, they were fickle best lad took 24 home, all on cart, they were going mad for it. yesterday though best lad took 22 on worm & squid, bizarre how its never the same two days running!