1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cowbar Jetty - How Does It Fish ??

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by simon22, Aug 29, 2014.

Tags:
  1. simon22

simon22 Rockling

How do men. Does crowbar jetty fish if it's flat.. Not keen to try it with any sort of sea on as I know it's a very dangerous mark, but over in September and fancy a crack at night but will I be wasting my time and crab baits

2. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Re: crowbar

I found some info lads by doing a search. Should of course read cowbar not crowbar. One thread said it can be fish at most tide states so will give it a try if weather settled when over.

3. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've never fished it myself but I would like to give it a shot myself and waste some bait with you :)

give me a pm when you are thinking of going and I'll see if I can go. ( we met once on sea otter last year)

4. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Iam sure he won't mind me saying but Lobbers is the man to ask about cow jetty,the main thing with the jetty is safety on a flat calm sea it's fine but with any swell sit back and watch it for a while it really does seam to come on quite quick there,also there's not a lot of space on there so it is a first come first served basis and make sure you have decent footwear on cause a climb onto the rock armour is enevitable,

5. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

That place fills me with dread. More than any other fishing mark I know. Every year someone is washed in there. It doesnt get a mention in here because its not been anglers yet, but people are always getting washed in.

This mark is an accident waiting to happen. Only go when its calm or with someone who knows it inside out.

6. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I've been totally put off fishing that mark with any sort of chop on. I remember a story by lobbers a year or two ago talking about a rogue wave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. craig t

craig t Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That's pretty much what I was trying to put across Glenn I've only been sea fishing for about five years and I've seen all the reports of big fish and good bags but Its some where that dosent quite float my boat.

8. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

It's only a matter ov time till a angler is killed on this jetty and it's sad to say I've posted on numerous occasions warning people about fishing there but I've seen it all I've even told anglers it will come over here at high water and they look at you like your mental !! My advice go with someone who knows the area and don't go on when there's a big sea running or you will b in the drink or even worse!! There should b a barrier to stop people going on as it's not just the anglers who put there life's at risk even the tourists are getting washed off .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Baramundi Bob

Im not one for putting people off. I always encourage people to try places, even the more daring places such as cliffs and rocks etc. But that Jetty scares the life out of me. As Simon says, its only a matter of time before there is a death. I just hope people read this topic and take us seriously.

10. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/local/pair-washed-off-pier-at-staithes-1-6796636

11. Baramundi Bob

http://www.whitbygazette.co.uk/news/local/helicopter-rescue-drama-for-day-tripper-taking-a-stroll-1-3857534

12. simon22

simon22 Rockling

I am not a risk taker and would text a few of the whitby lads before I went on the day. If they said no I will sit on the peir

13. simon22

simon22 Rockling

If this mark scares the likes of glen then take note!!! Don't fish it in bad weather or u may die,,,,simple as