1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

cowbar jetty DOUBLE!!!and pb !(with pics)

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bowesy, Jan 9, 2012.

1. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

just a quick report on our sesh on sunday we decided cowbar jetty an hour before high and a few hours into the ebb when we arrived it looked to heavy some big swells coming in!!and we were worried that at high we might get a wetting!!!

we umd and ard and we decided t give it ago!!started at half 2in the afternoon and first chuck a little mop just size ,then jape had a cracking bite pulling the rod right over looked a good fish by the bend in the rod he got it to the front of the rocks and by luck a big wave brought it around the side and i hand balled it up both chuffed t bits a sed it "looks a good 8lb" jape was buzzing!!

so we quickly got chucked back in and i got a big pull down then slack line wound in the slack and e kept saying this is a big fish !! same thing happened got it to the front of the rocks and a big wave picked the fish up and brought it by the side of the pier and jape hand balled it up staright away jape sed its a double well done m8 a couldnt believe me eyes !!

I was shaking like a leaf with the adrenaline rush!!eventually a got baited up after a calmed down and athought ad phone me good m8 matty (silverfox) so a chucked in and lent me rod against the railings whilst on the phone to matty then a got a shout from jape sie ya rod a ran over and it was bouncing all over a picked it up and struck felt a very good fish again big surges and pulling me all over! then all ov a suden gone fish lost wound in and found my hook had snapped sakuma manta 5/0 gutted felt like another big fish!!

and after that a got another mop with 1 eye and we had a bite a cast if ad ov shaped me sell a would ov had a bag full so i ended up with 3 and jape 1

a was in bits after that double!!when we were coming off a meet john3939 and he was asking how we got on a sed a" think av got a double but av got no scales "he sed "av got some" he weighed the fish and it was 10lb 11oz

well chuffed with my first double and beats my pb ov 6 1/2lb am still buzzing now after only beach fishing for 3 years ive bagged a double a fish ov a lifetime!!!and all the fish appart from 1 was caught in daylight!!!or forgot to say when a gutted that big fish it had 2 5/0 hooks in its guts!!someones been peved off!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ingoe1

ingoe1 Rockling

Re: cowbar jetty DOUBLE!!!and pb !

Cracking fish lad's an welldone on the pb.

3. dmc

dmc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Awesome fish them well done,Any chance of my hooks back

4. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Well done bowsey,cracking fish

5. deano72

deano72 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done a great catch ,u must have got that just after me and our lass had been down there talkin to u,,cracking report,,,,

6. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

yeh deano just after you walked off and got t the car m8 !!

7. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

Great fish that, not surprised you were shaking like a sh-tting dog mate! Well done

8. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

well done fella, cracking fish and another pb for a sitemember, i need to know what sort of hooks you think were in its belly bows, i lost one off the jetty similar in size in the whitby open 15 mins before the end of the match :suspious:

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done Bowsey, that's a smashing fish.....great photos too lads.

Regards Ian

10. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Si cracker contratulation on your PB well done that man tightlines Alain

11. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

paul one hook had cling film around it and the other looked like squid !! a wish ad kept em now a thought ov you straight away from ya post about losing a double in the open!!

12. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Well done Sie, cracking fish bud. Bet you are still buzzin :yes: :yes:

13. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Well done Bowesy cracking piggy for you :yes: well done on your first double.
    How did that one escape lobbers :tease:

14. Lobbers

i was using cart wrapped in cling film and squid, but if the hooks were in its stomache the squid would have well gone, but who knows eh, i saw the fish i lost, it came over them last couple of boulders on the right , the same as you i used the swell to get it round the front of the rock armour, then the easy bit over them boulders to the right, then walk it, when the fish slid over and skated on the furface five feet away from me, my hooks just lifted out of the water :angry:

15. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

paul the hooks were silver and it was defo squid wrapped around the hook!!!

16. 39john3939

39john3939 Blenny

Big well done on your double mate,couldnt believe it when i turned up and you said "i think i have got a double but i aint got any scales"you looked nervous as hell when i put the fish on the scales,and they went down to 10lb 11oz it was a big "GET IN THERE"again WELL DONE MATE.

17. Lobbers

quality, love it

18. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking fish there mate well done

19. bowesy

bowesy Blenny

cheers lads for the comments a sesh a will never forget its always been a dream t catch a double since the day a started beach fishing cheers once again sie

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

aye well done mate absolutely buzzing for you I know how much you love your fishing so it really is great to see you get your first double. hope fully I'll be lucky enough to get one sometime instead of these pesky 6 pounders :cheesy:

It was so funny when you rang me and saw your rod bouncing away and all you could do was scream "JAAAAAPEE GET ME ROD"! :laugh: