1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cow Green- Upper Teesdale

Discussion in 'North East Fresh Water Fishing' started by bucko, Jan 14, 2008.

1. bucko

bucko Guest

A favourite place of mine- desolate, windswept and rugged. Formed when the head of the River Tees was dammed to supply water to local industry, it offers fishing for wild brown trout akin to that of Scottish lochs.
    Travel light, stick to small (12-14) black flies and you won't go far wrong. As with most places of such a remote nature, go prepared- the weather and environment here can be very unforgiving.

More info at:

http://www.nwl.co.uk/Multi-baitfisheries.aspx#Cow_Green

2. Davo

Davo Rockling

Its a beautiful place but its a shame boats are not allowed on. Ian, what do you think about the price though? After all the fish are wild and it doesnt get stocked, so it doesnt cost them owt. Just a thought!
    Dave

3. bucko

bucko Guest

About £8 isn't it? Not too bad, and if I hooked one of those fish I've seen near 'Toad Bank' before I'd be more than happy.

Upper Teesdale estate (who own the land I think) take boats out, armed with Mepps as well! Getting in there would be a miracle though!

In your place of work tomorrow mate (tonsils out) so hopefully I'll have sweet fishing related anesthisia dreams!!

4. Davo

Davo Rockling

Good luck with them tonsils-get shot and get fishing. Sweet anaesthesia dreams-ha ha