1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Conoflex rods prone to snapping ????

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by keza, Jul 29, 2008.

Tags:
  1. Mark

Mark Blenny

Snapped my conoflex erazer on the sat morning of the british open. Secong practice cast just an over head lob and snap,about 2ft from the tip. Will not be getting anymore custom off me.

Mark.

2. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Which reel seat were you using :whistle:

3. cps

cps Rockling

i could understand if they had snaped at a ring and the rod wasent under whiped [ ring foot digs in and penitrates wall of blank as rod bends ] but them snapaflex butts are thicker than our lass :cheesy: and hardly bend, you would think a coaster would put more preasure on than the abu seat

4. mww

mww Rockling

>>you would think a coaster would put more preasure on than the abu seat

Only Zzipplex butt I ever bust :surprise:was down to years of squeezing by coasters...well, coasters squeezing a reel foot against the butt....didn't actually break, but just went all "mushy"....

Which makes me wonder about Conoflex's statement that certain sorts of reelseats forcing the butt to go oval...surely that's what coasters do & they recommend them? :confused:

Mart

5. acko 1

acko 1 New Member

I have had my source snap 3ft from the bottom of the butt,had the rod about two years so never bothered about it,a mate of mine repaired it and two years on its still going well,

ps i had a fuji reel seat on the blank when it snapped :whistle:

acko

6. Steve

Steve Rockling

i own a nemesis diablo which is fitted with coasters which has pulled a 10 pounder up bemmo. after that thought it had gone a bit soft so i got a premier. i have fitted a griplok reel seat to it down the butt and as such had no problem with it. this rod only gets used for cliff work.so it gets bit of stick. back to the diablo, i relagated it to fishing rock only it is still going strong 5yrs after the big fish and it gets a lot of abuse. it must be 10yrs old now

am i just lucky with them or what...

7. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

There will be a high percentage of rods never snap Steve. I had the greys appollo for years (The one everyone snapped) and pulled big fish up cliffs at Staithes, Sandsend and Saltwick with no problem. But looking at percentages a lot of people have snapped Greys, Conoflex and Century rods in comparison to the amount who have snapped zziplez.

8. Steve

Steve Rockling

iv just bust the butt section on my old xtr. ok i think it was to do with the fact that the bottom of the butt wasnt whipped up and a reducer was pushed in. its split like a bamboo cane..........OOOPS!!!

anyone want a tip for an xtr(older version)

9. flyfisherman

flyfisherman New Member

My 2 year old Conoflex "catch and snatch" snapped at the butt section yesterday. You get 2 butt sections with the rod , both have factory fitted reel seats and fancy grip sections. The longest of the 2 butts smashed clean through whilst retrieving a single mackerel lure, it was about 6 inches above the reel seat so throws doubt on the claim it is reel seats that are to blame. Can't afford the time for a long protracted arguement with conoflex so will replace it with a suitable alternative.