1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. michael76

michael76 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The BestEST

does anyone know of any good spots where a conger would be possible,i just watched monty halls and he was swimming real close to them on a cliff edge that went deep under the sea,i know u get them over that way,but when i look at marine drive when the tides out,all them rocks and boulders would be perfect conger hiding places.i just think there so interesting and mysterious.what a beautiful creature they are.love to swim with one.feed it a few mackrel,sack swimming with dolphins,id choose the conger eel any day.thoughts people?
    thanks michael.

2. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

you must be bloody mad great big snotty things you can keep em for me YUK next time im up crinan you can come and unhook the -astards
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

that`s my mate Rab unhooking the conger for me back in october tightlines Alain

3. Welsh wizard

Welsh wizard if you don't know you don't need to know

alan all you want is a tbar for unhooking them it makes it easy
    regards ian

4. Tug

Tug Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

I'm with you Alain, exiting to catch but snotty things. and as for swimming with them [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

5. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Ian i do have everything on board to unhook fish (T) bars long handle pliers and 3ft bolt croppers you name it i just dont like the FOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOkers plus we use barbless hooks on our skate traces but Rab & Fin Like to bring fish on board to unhook i like to unhook at the side of the boat unless im keeping it for the table when are you going to have a crack at the skate ? tightlines Alain

6. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

have a trip over to wales hollyhead breakwater off the end on small tides this time of year when its a warm spell loads of eels there

7. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

wales is the best place to keep em

8. congerball

congerball Blenny

Id look for somewhere thats deep and only a short cast away. Big bait and stong mono hook length...or wire. Rubbing leader prob help. Drop net or flying gaff. pliers to remove hook. A spot where the tide doesnt empty the hole or rock/pier platform you're fishing. Not an expert but a few pointers...dont know any marks on the East coast as don't fish it enough. If I was to guess maybe filey brigg....South Gare? Locals can help more with that. Plenty at the Mull of Galloway.
    Tightlines

9. willybendit

willybendit Rockling

Hi Ben if you need any leaders give us a shout i make wind-on rubbing leaders
    [​IMG]
    these will pull any conger you hook out of its hole
    as for hook traces i use 250lbs nylon and mustard 3406 hooks
    [​IMG]

tightlines Alain

10. congerball

congerball Blenny

Nice one Alain, cant go wrong with that set-up :educated: