1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cod pics

Discussion in 'Cod, Bass & Pollock Snaps From GJW' started by GJW, Dec 11, 2008.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

If it was only that easy fish eye cam, i would certainly help you with infomation, the pics a just a few pics of cod we have caught from various locations from locally in the north east to the east coast of Scotland, but i am sure you pick up lots of valuable information by keeping an eye on the forum its full of great info..

I must admit i have been a bit lazy of late and havent been catching a great deal when i have been, the thing with fishing you really need to put yourself out when conditions dictate its no good really thinking "i am going next tuesday" because really you dont know what the conditions will be like, the best advice i can give is keep an eye on the forcast and when you see North/North westerly/North East/ South East winds this will genrally lift the sea and push the cod inshore, this is when you should push yourself out to get the best results for your efforts... I of late have missed a good few sessions simply because i have to be up for work at 5am and the thought of a late tide and little sleep has put me off going.....But you only get out what you put in.. So i have only my self to blame for my poor form but at the end of the day its about enjoyment.

Tightlines

2. fish eye cam

fish eye cam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

thnks for tht reply but i hve only recently started fishing what are the perfect conditons ? and what is tht best thing for catching cod ? or bait wouldnt mind if u left some names for some good bait to use also where have been the hotspots for the cod lately and please may u give me some destinations ? where do u go fishing ? as i am still in school at the momment fishing is more of a back actiity as hve to concentrate on ma school work. is there any gd spots around whitby ? any advice would be much appreciated

3. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

I lost count of the doubles i had in 70ss and 80ss and 90ss the daft thing 10lb cod you just through in the bag when they were 15-16lb you talked about them now when i look back you just realize how lucky i was to fish through those years.

paul.

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

As you say Paul it was great to see those days , happy days