1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cod pics

Discussion in 'Cod, Bass & Pollock Snaps From GJW' started by GJW, Dec 11, 2008.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Cod pictures.. :happy:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Big Cliff with a nice cod..

[​IMG]

Darren Hanson (Dink) with a cod

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tightlines

2. ducky

ducky maybe one day...

what fantastic fish well done to all in the pictures, :yes: tight lines

3. baza

baza New Member

garry those pics are simply amazing, how many doubles have you had?

4. GJW

GJW Rockling

Cheers lads, i was just sorting my pics out, because they were all mixed up had cod pics mixed in with the bass and in with them mull pics, so sorted the cod and bass pics seprate now.. almost forgot what cod looked like had a couple of blank trips lately... :cry:

Had 10 double figure shore cod Baza, one was a Scottish cod so doesn't really count.. :whistle:

5. baza

baza New Member

10 :surprise: some going that gary. i bet big cliff has forgotten how many hes had, not being agist :hurt: just there will have been that many.

6. GJW

GJW Rockling

Think Al (Big Cliffs) had 20 or 21 Bazza but most of them were when dinosaurs roamed the earth... :laugh: :laugh: (only joking Al).. :wink: I think Al had a lot in the 70's shore fishing in loch long and the Gare loch i know he hasn't had any locally for a few years now... to busy at the pensioner's pie and pea supper's now than climbing over boulders in the dead of night..no seriously i hope i am still getting out fishing and getting amongst the fish at 65 like Al does, but i think he is starting to slow down a bit because i can just to say keep up with him now on a march to the fishing spots...

Tightlines

7. baza

baza New Member

has he ever considered writing a book? one of my favourite is called the codling crouch by dave storey. i bet al could write something similar about north yorkshire.

8. woody

woody New Member

amazing pics there gary you must put so much effort in to your angling, i would be over the moon with a double feel like my lifes ambition has been forefilled , well sort of lol but to have 10 thats just incredable good skills

9. GJW

GJW Rockling

I think more good luck on my behalf than good skills woody... :laugh:,, i didn't get my first double until about 10yrs back, i remember wanting to catch a double figure cod so much, had a few close calls with fish of 9lb 14oz 9lb 12oz but no double, i was haveing a good old moan, then Al (Big Cliff) said dont worrie you are not doing anything wrong, one will turn up for you, i am not kidding about a week after that conversation with Al i pulled my first at 10lb 6oz at Goldsbrough and soon as i caught it i ran up the cliff back to the car phoned Al and rushed round to his house to get it weighed...I think sometimes doubles are a bit like buses you wait for ages for one then 2 turn up together, i did get 2 in 4 days a couple of years back, one at runswick and one off cowbar cliff tops..

I am sure if you keep on plugging away one will turn up for you before to long mate... :happy: :happy:

Tightlines

10. go go gadget

go go gadget New Member

some great pics there gary, tightlines

11. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

ive had 20 doubles ( no pretends } the strange thing about was the
    spread of them i once had 3 in one session, 5 in the week, 19 in 7 years, then
    wait fot it 1 in 28 years , you cant work it out can you, some marks will
    obviouslyserve you better in the quest for the real biggie , ravenscar, hawsker
    the area from goldsbrough to runswick, mulgrave, cowbar gulley to whitestones
    hummersea' seal goit to birdflight, something to tittle everyones tasts buds
    i used to fish on saltburn pier way back in the mid fifties for several years
    that was on the long pier, and i only ever saw one double , so pick your places
    with care

12. baza

baza New Member

Very interesting Al. in those lean 28 yrs( i wish mine were as lean) would yo say a lot of your sessions have been spent cliff fish making the odds of actually landing a double much longer.
    Have you ever considered writing a book Al?

13. GJW

GJW Rockling

Couple more recent Boulby cod..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

14. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

yes it would be nice to write a book , i think it would end up a thick one
    with all the deviations i would make , ive met some great charecters over
    the years , some that it was a great privelidge to have known and i count
    myself very fortunate to have rubbed shoulders with them, i have just recently
    bought myself a digital slr camera , so i hope to be posting some nice shots
    before to long , most likely of gjw fish !

15. GJW

GJW Rockling

I just recently read Anglers moon and i found it a very intresting read, i am sure you could write a simular book Alan with all of your angling experiences over the years..

16. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Some old pics there garry i can just about remember some of them , bloody hell some there you must be about twentyish :surprise: ,yes iwould love to see a book by alan myself ,iknow for a fact he would mention that time we went hacking our way through the gorse bushes , i allways laugh when i think of that day ,where was it again garry ,was it money head

17. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Well I dont know about your motivation Garry. But re-reading that has spurred me on for a few more.

18. 09tindac

09tindac Could'nt catch a cold

great pics. Keep catching that amount and the North Sea will be free of Cod in a few years! :yes:

19. jimlad

jimlad Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Some fantastic pics there mate

20. fish eye cam

fish eye cam Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

jw if u could reply to this and maybe give me some tips where are most of them cod been caught ? anyone got any tips would be nice as im new to fishing please write back