1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Acko

Acko Rockling

I havent been fishing this season on our coast I was in Scotland through Oct Nov and Dec I hurt my knee at New yr and havent been able to get out
    However I went on a cod fishing forray Last night for the first time and I caught my first Codling It was Size But I let it go anyway.
    I worked hard for it tho went out at 2.30pm Caught fish at 8.45pm fished until 10pm Only had 2 bites.
    I was worrying Will this be the First season EVER I dont get a codling
    Phew No! thank goodness Im chuffed Now,

2. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Well done Acko on your codling. I,m still after my first one I have been going out 2/3 times a week but not got one yet. But I have been away from shore fishing for about 20 years now. Its amaseing how things have changed ie tackle. I will stick at it and see what happens. Hope your knee is ok now. Drink related by any chance or all that blo-dy snow. Well done Acko Tightlines Chris

3. Acko

Acko Rockling

Qoute
    Drink related by any chance or all that blo-dy snow.
    Id had a few and I was snowballing with the kids I slipped and dislocated my knee Ouch! So a bit of both really lol
    I was talking to 2 Anglers last night Theyve been fishing all season and had no Cod From what I hear its a very bad year
    Most of the lads Ive spoken to have only had a couple all season. I thought last season was bad I managed 12 Cod 2008/2009 and I was dissapointed That would be a Bonanza this Season lol

4. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: snowballing with kids great fun.
    That last bit makes me feel allot better about my fishing. Still it,s got me out and about and I,v met a few members of here and I am very enthusiastic about my shore fishing again.
    I think Boozing and night clubbing took me away from shore fishing years ago.
    But I,v settled down now until the weekend :laugh: :laugh:
    Tightlines Acko Chris