1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COD OFF!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by jase, Jul 7, 2014.

1. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

As the weather, sea conditions, work and other commitments have made it difficult for me to get the launches in this year. The first chance for me to get out on the lures for the pollack and hopefully a bass.car loaded and out the door for a early morning sesh @ my local haunt skinning grove.I arrived to a flat calm sea with not a breath of wind, I was ready and on the water for 6am.
    A steady paddle out and heading towards hummersea trolling a storm thunderstick over the kelp beds.
    [​IMG]
    first fish of the day a nice plump cod on a plug......a first for me
    [​IMG]
    Next fish to fall to the storm thundersticks dance was a small pollack that gave a good account for its self.
    [​IMG]
    I paddled a bit further towards boulby way to find a spot that has always been kind to me i the past.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    I dropped a nose weighted weedless rigged worm into the kelp beds and started to work it through the weed until bang the rod arched over and reel started to scream, at first i thought pollack but after a few minutes i knew it was a cod.
    [​IMG]
    And that was pretty much how it went for a hour cod after cod after cod...they where like mackerel but still good sport on my quantum shotgun light rod.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And then on the horizon i could see the rain start to push in, and then it arrived i thought it would pass but i was wrong and it rained and rained and rained.
    [​IMG]
    Time to make a move and call it a day back home in time for sunday dinner.
    [​IMG]
    A few fillets for the pan and keep the old man happy,a good few hours out on the pond but hopefully the pollack come out and play next time.
    [​IMG]
    cheers jase

2. andym

andym Rockling

Great report and pics mate top fishing using light sporting tackle love it

3. congerball

congerball Blenny

Good read and photos, well done.

4. Crazy Stu

Crazy Stu Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one, great report. We had a few further out in the SIB but came back in when the rain started.

5. vrs_1

vrs_1 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one jase well done good bend in the rod there cant beat light tackle :)

6. jase

jase Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

cheers lads, i think that super light tackle is the way forward for me. would of liked to see how much me winkle picker of a rod would of been bending with that beast of a pollack on the you netted mark :D