1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  1. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Ive experienced it myself Rob. Ive been asked to move, told to move, blanked and abused. The silent treatment some people give you is funny. I just talk to them all the more. Some come round and turn out to be ok. Some of them get freaked out, think your a nut and bugger off.

2. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Blenny

there you go.....

you have just done it yourself...

saltburn pier was like blackpool illuminations.....

you went to a mark close by and had it all to yourself and had a good nites fishing...

you omitted to say exactly where... why?

because is saltburn fished rubbish last night and they read this ... tonight you certainly wouldnt have it all to yourself.

3. Tala

Tala New Member

I know exactly where you are coming from with the arrogance of some anglers quote, I have fished a certain spot fairly regularly since I was 11 (now 48) and for a long time not many fished the place, but all that changed a fair few years ago,now if the conditions are right it has to be one of the most popular spots going. One trip last year I got down and there were two anglers there already pulling fish out, but as I approached I could hear them cussing and scowling about me! I thought to myself "stuff you two" and trundled over, as i got up to them, they were ranting and raving about some more lights coming down the path :baby:(yes its only a small mark (old crumbly) but hey its a free country). I went to have a pop at the two lads for all the bitching and realized that one was a very, very well known angler (no names) and I was shocked that he was acting like an ape. As soon as he recognized me he said "high Tal how you doing mate? come and fish next to me so we can have a natter" what a turnaround. The fact of the matter is, all these secret marks do not stay secret forever and people just have to accept that they do not have total rights to a particular rock or section of cliff or whatever. I can respect that some anglers have put a hell of a lot of effort into research/recce's, talking to anglers to get the latest gen :canadian: and trial and error in the ultimate quest of finding the perfect spot for the specific weather/tidal conditions :wink: as I have myself (never found it yet like! :no: but will keep trying :yes:), for years I scoured the clifftops (looking like prowler :suspious:) at night looking for telltale headlamps, then going back in daylight at low water with my camera for confirmation that it's worth a shot. But I'm one of the lucky ones that can drive and only live a stones throw from the sea :tease:, but some people are not as lucky :no:! maybe they live a long way inland or maybe they cannot get about so easily through lack of transport or maybe they just don't have the confidence to approach some of the local anglers to ask for advice. At the end of the day, it's up to the individual if they want to pass on their hard earned knowledge on an open forum, if you have earned the knowledge you can do what you like with it!!!!! Please don't ask me for any info :no: as refusals often offend :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

i was on saltburn cliffs as o said before i leave the secrets to other
    people ------- big cliff alias ---- codcatcher

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

i have asked one person on the forum about a certain mark i was given short
    thrift, no prizes for who it was !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. rizla

rizla Blenny

dabcatcher,i think your comment says more about your mode of reasoning rather than cliffs motivation. i don't know cliff but he can't be faulted in terms of helpfulness on here. it's also important to bear in mind that "your mark",is not yours and anyone is entitled to fish there. i was wondering if you found" your marks" by yourself or did someone tell you about them? just wondered.

7. Supersonic

Supersonic Whitby Bass Club

A lot of the people I've ever ended up fishing next to have been sound, you do get the odd one though. I can't count the number of times I've gone fishing to spots both easy to find and a trek to get to and found someone already fishing there. So what. I've either tried a new mark in the vicinity if there was no room or set up somewhere close by and ended up having a right good chinwag and laugh with them.

Having to try a new mark can easily lead to discovering somewhere else good to fish, somewhere you wouldn't have necessarily tried because you had it so good at your first choice. Of course you can also try somewhere else and it be $hite, but hey... that's fishing. :happy:

8. anndy

anndy New Member

most people you can have a chat with when out fishing.. but it is like any thing you do there will be some
    misrable sods out there .

9. dabcatcher

dabcatcher Blenny

i,m certainly not out to have a pop at anyone here and must praise bigcliff for the help he gives others.

but...

while its fine for him and anyone else who wants to, to give out as much information as they wish on all aspects of our sport.

it is wrong to have a pop at those who wish to keep some of there own information to themselves while still giving out 90% of what they know to others.

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

but i havent been having a pop at you, its just when you make statments that
    people dont give out their favourite marks you are making a blanket
    statement and that does not aply to me or a few others , some yes but not all
    and i believe it was unfair to say that i was holding back about info in my last post
    13 months ago i made it clear that i had fished off saltburn cliffs and had taken
    some nice fish, so there was nothing underhand, its not my style

11. smokey

smokey Rockling

Is it not time this thread was locked :yes:
    It's going round in circles for no good reason.
    If you wish to tell all...good on you,it will help many people out on here :yes:
    If you wish to hold that little something back,good on you,thats your right :yes:
    But if you decide to reveal all,don't castigate others for not doing the same,it's their choice and not yours to make for them.

Tight lines :happy:

12. trickie999

trickie999 New Member

Bump Thankgod

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Amen!

14. trickie999

trickie999 New Member

Lock it Lock it Lock it Lock it Lock it Lock it Lock itlol lol lol lol
    merry x mass all
    richie

15. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

16. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Al, I,ve posted your new thread on this one as I feel we are going around in circles and I dont want yet another thread starting, discussing the same things that have been discussed before. Rather than lock the thread I understand that you are upset about some of the things that have been said and I,m prepared to let everyone read your post. In the meantime I am locking your new thread. Hope you understand my reasons for doing so. Ray.

Please.....NO MORE RESPONSE TO THIS THREAD AS I THINK WE,VE HEARD ENOUGH!

17. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

Thanks Ray :happy: :happy:.