1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COD LIKE CHICKEN

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by seajay, Dec 16, 2008.

Tags:
  1. seajay

seajay New Member

Well i had quite a few fish to gut n fillet this week after our uptiding on Sea Spray when carl(cal70) found a chicken bone in its stomach honestly two others were present and can confirm this
    We all had a load of chicken drumsticks for dinner provided by Rex (moneybags) and we chucked the bones over when we were finished .

no wonder we had that many around the boat the must of thought it was christmas

regards

Si.http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd182/69seajay/codwithchickenbone.jpg[/IMG]][​IMG]

2. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

I can see it now cart (old bait) in with the new crispy fried chicken bone and all :laugh:
    well done with the match and fish

3. Tight lines

Tight lines New Member

you'll be saying that cod taste like chicken next :wink: :laugh:

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

we made some baits up from kitekat ( salmon and tuna ) flavour gjw had a
    good fish on and got stuck with it, i had a cracking bite on mine, so you never
    know, theres plenty of room for experimenting, now where did i put the marmite !

5. GJW

GJW Rockling

Haha the cats out the bag now....... :laugh: :laugh: KiteKat i ask yea.... :whistle:

6. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

:secret:

7. chiplips

chiplips Blenny

:surprise: :canadian: :surprise:

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

When we were fishing up Arbroath we tried a few experiments and yes one was kitekat mashed up and wrapped in gauze and yes i did get a good fish on it but i was fishing into some very heavy ground i got the fish may be 40yrds before it snagged me solid and i lost it but it could of been a catfish...... :tease: :laugh: :laugh:

I suppose a hungry cod would eat most things wether they belong in the sea or not, but still no substitute for good quality bait... :happy:

9. go go gadget

go go gadget Rockling

:laugh: :laugh:

10. Sambo

Sambo To the MAX!

Of course they like southern fried chicken, it's finger licking good!

Sorry, I'll get ma coat :whistle:

11. Dav

Dav Rockling

There is no denying the fact that top bait is what is needed to be at the top of the game , but just goes to show cod will eat owt given the chance .....Once got one off a boat that had a cigarette butt in its stomach, smoked cod or what......