1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COD GALORE!

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Howard, Mar 10, 2013.

1. Howard

Howard Blenny

:educated:

http://www.fishupdate.com/news/fullstory.php/aid/19129/North_Sea_cod_figures_backed_by_the_scientific_evidence.html

Lets hope some of it finds its way down here cause at present its v. scarce this way. Unless its there and we cannot catch it cause its on sprat or something but we havnt seen many since june now south of Scarborough.

2. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

I would imagine there's a lot of our foreign cousin's licking their lip's at such report's..... :sad:

3. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

The propaganda machine rolls on.

4. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

When the beaches are teaming with fish year after year,that's the time to celebrate,..only then will you know the sea's are safe....well for a while at least :angry:

5. WetLine

WetLine Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Then why haven't I caught any baby codling for years, we used to catch & release loads of undersize fish many years ago. Its because they've been replaced by Whiting because the cod that used to eat them arn't around anymore.

6. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Its all about gaining more quota .

paul.

8. Solly

Solly Blenny

It's a bit nieve ( if that's how it's spelt) to be publicising stories of big cod catches. Every boat that can get out will be hammering them if its true. As already stated when the cod are in numbers closer in I might just believe that cod stocks are back.

9. Ramsrod

Ramsrod Rockling

Yeah it must be quota time :whistle:

We know the state of things. We also know that if there's a good shoal of cod turns up they will get hammered.
    Same old same old.

10. frank avey

frank avey Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

could answer this in one word , BULL-----.

usual crap from the fishermen themselves [or the sff ;scottish fishermen federation; who represent them.
    guess it must be the time of year that greed comes to the fore and they try and get their quotas enlarged ,
    funnily enough the sff didnt have much to say when the boys from north of the border were caught red handed catching millions of pounds worth of over quota mackerel and selling them through the back door .
    wouldnt believe a word from them as they have only one intrest and thats the fishermens wallets.

frnk.

11. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

Wouldn't have anything to do with this then. I know it's old news now but they certainly know how to look after fish stocks up there!
    http://www.southeastseafishing.com/scottish-fishing-scam.html
    Decent fella's.

12. frank avey

thats the one firefly.
    the only thing about that was the fines were a lot less than what they made from the illegal actions,
    couldnt get my head around that one,
    will sure put the next lot off. NOT.

FRANK.

13. FireFly

FireFly Blenny

You're right about the fines Frank, doesn't deter anyone they are still well into pocket.
    This was a great thread I followed with disbelief, I know they have to make a living and get well paid for what is probably one of the most dangerous jobs going, but is this really necessary? http://www.whitbyseaanglers.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=12.0 What's going to be left of anything at this rate in 10/20 years? I probably won't be around but my grandkids might like the odd fish for the table without having to re-mortgage to get one.

14. frank avey

think the skippers that were involved in this should have had their licences taken away and never allowed to fish again.
    same for the fish proccessors ,
    this was greed at its worst ,no grey areas or sorry we didnt know we were over the quotas ,just well organised breaking of the rules put there to protect the stocks and the people who rely on the fishery for there living.

frank.