1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cod From Staithes - Cowbar is star - 6 fish and a pb

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lobbers, Jan 13, 2013.

1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

Went on cowbar jetty for the early.morning flood tide with my mucka mark d we were joined by my other compadre flembo who had a couple of coddies out of the gulley low flood.

Mark had a four pounder with Ste loosing one so things looked fishy. I soon had a 3lb'er Then it was just pants and by high water I was ready for the off last cast, bang a 5lb fish follwed by a mop then it went slow,

defo time to go, as the packing up starts Dunbar alerts me that I have a good bite looked to see slack line, it slammed me over and I knew I had a pig on so bullied it over to the right and just horses it in

Ste was on hand to safely lift the brute out of the drink and i knew it was a pb.
    It went very quiet after this so talk of home started again and yep it happened again, wallop , an eight pounder was soon on the deck.

Well another quiet spell resulted in marks departure soon after Ste was spent, he was'nt long gone when I started to pack away again, and gutted the fish, appart from the pig and yup a bloody six pounder hit me and I managed to bounce it over the rocks and land it. I was having no more so packed a very happy man.

[​IMG]

Six fish for around 40lb

[​IMG]

And a new pb cod of 13lb 12oz
    Russ was kind enough to nip out an weigh it for me on the Mary's club scales.
    Redbull wearing off now so off to kip

2. ShArK

ShArK Blenny

Re: Cowbar is star. 6 fish and a pb

Well done lobby

3. mike_t

mike_t Jackson Kayak Team Member

Well in lobbers cracking fish.

Fished the gully myself last night over low, was almost a bite a chuck but very gentle takes. Landed one fish lost loads. Seemed to be plenty out there.
    Gutted mine and had three weavers in it, never seen before.
    Well done on new pb, Mike

4. seanyrooroo

seanyrooroo Pig Hunter

Bloody well done Paul. Top fishing!!

5. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

well done sounds like a cracking session wish we had fish like that over this side i can feel a trip east coming on :)

6. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Quality report bud and belting fish, congrats on the new PB....

7. Lobbers

Cowbar is star. 6 fish and a pb

[​IMG]

8. Lobbers

oops

9. Lobbers

[​IMG]

Mark will never make a photographer

10. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Well done paul nice bag of fish were you using them big bomb baits like you were using the other week when i was on there with you :laugh: you said big baits big fish :yes:
    Hope you left a few in there mite see on there again wednesday night if there is still a bit of motion on.

11. mad mick

mad mick Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Get in Paul lad cracking fish and a big well done on your pb also another pig.

How many doubles you had now?

Mick

12. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Superb stuff lobster, well done

Sent from my GT-i9300 using Tapatalk 2

13. bow1

bow1 Rockling

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

14. BOOMSTICK

BOOMSTICK Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done cracking fish. Cowbars knocking out the doubles this season

15. SAGE

SAGE always trying...... some say very trying !!!!!

another good sesh for you ... well done on the pb
    cheers
    Paul

16. Biker Jake

Biker Jake Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Well done, cracking fish. Was going to fish there tonight but gave it a miss! Thought it would be chocca lads chasing fish that's already been caught

17. Lobbers

cheers for the comments lads, i always like to share my fishing experiences with you guys, i find the blackpool post quite funny, in my early days sea angling i used to go were you heard had been fishing, and believe me fish chasing never works, your better off just saying to yourself oh well theyve been caught so where do i fancy for a fish or two.

i'll sea you on there wed night fileybrigg :whistle:

18. Lobbers

[​IMG]

i was bloody knackered and shaking like a leaf after landing it :yes:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk lobbers da man I phone iree lion Zion bob Marley chill Churchill pig with fins yeh man

19. 3be2

3be2 Blenny

Now, don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you and your Cod exploits but ... would you like to leave some around for the rest of us :gum:

20. Lobbers

Nah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk lobbers da man I phone iree lion Zion bob Marley chill Churchill pig with fins yeh man