1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cod fishing session.. A little Tartan cod fishing for 2014

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by GJW, Jan 5, 2014.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Hi and Happy New year to all you fishing folk..

Well what better way to start the 2014 than a trip north of the border to blow the cod webs off the fishing rods..

Well a phone call from my good mate Martin Jackson, to say he had a job up in Scotland and did I fancy having a run up with him and meet our Scottish friend Jimmy and go fishing.. Well how could I resist.. :D Poor Martin would be working whilst me and Jimmy would be off enjoying ourselves and hopefully catching cod..

Well Martin dropped me off, and I could see he would rather heading off fishing with us then going to work... Well lady luck must of been shining on him as his job was soon complete and a phone call to me saying he was all done at work and coming to join us. Well we hadn't even got to our fishing marks, so martin was not far behind..

Well we were greeted with a fairly rough sea due to the strong Southerly wind and a nice coloured sea. Well confidence was on a super high, as I know just how good the fishing up there can be..

Jimmy said fishing had been good recently with good bags of fish and some big fish to 15lb coming out, my hands were shaking with anticipation as I threaded my braid through my rod rings..

Well what more can I say we caught fish after fish and at times it was hectic and couldn't bait up fast enough. Jimmy managed the best fish of 7lb 9oz on his mackerel bait, but we had a fair few 5-6lb fish and loads between 2-4lb.

We landed over 50 cod between the 3 of us and I lost a real big fish almost at my feet, but hey how could I complain, that's what fishing is all about..

Thanks to Mart and Jimmy for making it possible. Not a bad session at the drop of a hat.. If you get any more Jobs up there Mart, put my name down.. Big thanks to Jimmy the most friendly and helpful guy you will ever meet..

Here is a few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I really hope 2014 holds many great and memorable sessions for you all...

Tight-Lines for 2014

Gary

2. glassback

glassback Blenny

well done gary ,martin and jimmy
    thats the best way to start the new year of ,
    i hope you all have a great new year ,and season

3. GJW

GJW Rockling

Yes and I hope 2014 holds plenty of big bass for you Andy.. We will have to meet for a bass session this summer..

4. crabbermart

crabbermart Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

great report and pictures,well done on the cod,awesome session,thanks for sharing :)

5. glassback

glassback Blenny

that sounds good gary i look forward to it

6. limpet

limpet Blenny

great fishing lads well dones

7. NICKB

NICKB Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Cracking stuff Gary, funny that mackeral does the trick up there. Would you consider or have tried using it down here through winter?

Nick

8. GJW

GJW Rockling

Funny Nick, I was on Marske beach fishing for Whiting a week or so back and got a couple of surprise cod on mackerel..

9. ste muir

ste muir New Member

Awesome fishing from you all there Gary and as always a great report and pics.Well done.

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

A really nice report once more Gary , good fish, friends , pics what more could you want , I only wish
    I could have made it

11. fileybrigg

fileybrigg Blenny

Well done lads always look forward to reading about your fishing ventures :)

12. scrubbs

scrubbs Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Good report, nice picky's
    furry boots whre ye? ;)

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

Cracking stuff gary

14. congerball

congerball Blenny

Cracking haul that Gary, well done mate.

15. Shadrap

Shadrap Rockling

Top fishing once again, well done to you all.

I really need a job like Martin, might be time for a change !

16. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Stunning fishing very very well done all

17. boro roy

boro roy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Wow ! What a good daty shore fishing

18. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

great session mate , shame that many fish didnt show for the ship open,
    must try and get a session up there before winter is out , 8)

19. lipslicker

lipslicker Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

That was some going. Well done.
    Can I ask whereabouts you were?
    Arbroath?
    Cheers.

20. THE DOLPHIN

THE DOLPHIN Rockling

Great report and pictures Gary as usual I would love a session like that. Harry if you are considering going could you let me no and if possible I would love to tag along with you as I no none of the marks up that way.