1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cod Fishing @ Saltburn Pier With Danny The Dolphin

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by Lobbers, Dec 8, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Lobbers

Lobbers phwwore i love gwen stefani me like

welll i did'nt think i would have fished saltburn pier tonight, the sea looked really big on wheeldale webcam at 4pm, but a natter on the dog with shammy, looking at msw, it was giving the sea dropping rapidly, we um'd and erd, and i decided saltburn pier was the best bet, ww would be too flat, the east a good bet, but i've been itching for a sesh on salty.

anyway, joined by a few other boys, kencoddy, then shammy, it was an early , try for a bass bait single black , 3 hrs before high, a nice fat 5lb 6oz, followed quickly by a 1'5lb mop, then steady away until just after high, my seventh fish was a lucky one, i cast and had a birdy wich dropped my bait only a few yards out, it took me a good ten mins to sort the birdy but when i got my line back on , just as the line tightened my rod tip slammed over in my hand, another 5lb plusser :laugh:

my mate had joined me and should have had four or five fish but he performed like a buttnut :laugh:, and had a 4lband 5lb'er, unfortunately shammy had anti cod hooks on as he had good riving bites but failed to connect.

shammy was kind enough to be my photographer tonight , i had seven fish, 6lb 6oz biggest, four well over 5lb, a 3lb'er and a mop, bloody good stamp, and my most enjoyable sesh this season, my 6th fish was a right brute, ive named him danny the dolphin, danny devitoes cousin,

before i even gutted all the fish danny stood out, he had a head that looked exactly like a bloody bottle nosed dolphin, and when i gutted all the fish danny the dolphin was absolutely rammed with cod spunk, all the other fish were chicks with kelk.

i love salty pier, its my fave place to catch cod, you hook them and just enjoy the fight, no riving and teararsing them through kelp, and on salty pier you have those awefull lights shining down, but when mr cod see's the glare he goes off it, i had better fights off six of my fish tonight than that ten pounder and nine pounder i had recently.

as soon as they see the glare of the lights shining down through the water they go ballistic, best fight ever.

i caught my first ever codling off salty, and i just think its the best place in the world to hook a codling or two , only ten codling caught , on there tonight though,, a lad had a 2'5 lb'er, my mate had two, and i had the rest, about 30 pluss rods on there at one point :yes:

youlle pysl at danny the dolphin, propper wierd head.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. dan the pollock

dan the pollock Rockling

Re: DANNY THE DOLPHIN

nice one paul, couldnt belive how much the sea fell away yesterday

3. kencoddy

kencoddy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

it just gose to show how good this guy is never got a sniff like most wd paul even tho never caught owt enjoyed the crack and got to c some decent fish at lobbers feet

4. shammy

shammy New Member

well done paul, leased i got to see some nice fish, think i'm having 1 of them years hopefully my luck will change soon

5. Lobbers

introducing danny the dolphin and six of his mates

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. nevbob

nevbob Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Quality as normal Paul mate! What bait you catch em on? Donkey choker s :whistle:

7. Lobbers

a mix of baits mate, but peeler was top bait :yes:

8. N.INGLIS 28.8

N.INGLIS 28.8 Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Nice one Paul,looks like your having a great season.Keep it up mate.

9. rubbish

rubbish New Member

thats one ugly fat nosed mother, the cod looks a bit weird to :tease: :laugh: :laugh:

10. scaleback

scaleback Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

i remember the first thing you ever got paul was your car pinched from the gare lol a lots changed since then mate couldnt tie rigs couldnt cast but you stuck to it mate now your showing us old hands how its done bud john ev
    :educated:

11. Mark Gelder

Mark Gelder Rockling

Quality pal, cracking catch................

12. Gray

Gray Whitby Fishing Forum

Good report, n :yes:ice fish, well done

13. robq

robq Rockling

bloody cod magnet LOL :yes: :yes:

14. DiscoMick

DiscoMick Eat Fishing, Sleep Fishing, Drink BEER

It doesn't get much better,well done mate :cool:

15. fishysteve

fishysteve North West Donkers

cracking session well done i had a cod like that the other week in the uptide festival looked just like a dolphins head lol

[​IMG]

16. Lobbers

oh my god , danny's brother donny has allready been found, i hope its me who finds davey dolphin, he's 21lb, last seen jumping in and out of the water just off saltburn pier :cheesy: