1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cod Fishing in South East Scotland - Back to summer mode

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Oct 13, 2010.

1. GJW

GJW Rockling

Can't wait to have a trip or two up that way again this summer. Definately turning into a summer angler these days. Cold winter fishing sessions without so much as a bite, ain't much fun.

2. foo

foo You've gotta be in it to win it.

Now that is a splendid idea Alan, good thinking and thanks for the idea.

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Another venue I am going to look at is Sickar point , this is north of ST Abbs just south of Pease Bay , I have been wanting to try it for
    along time now and I have a feeling it will tick the boxes , another mark is Marshall Meadows about 2 miles north of Berwick , where you
    can get access to the foreshore via a tunnel dug through the cliff this can be accessed from the caravan site

4. Mick

Mick They're out there!

I'm up at Pease Bay towards the end of April and taking the yak.

I've never fished this area before but it looks like a great spot, pleanty of good features - any advice appreciated!

As I'll be launching from Pease Bay itself would I be better off heading South towards Siccar Point or head North towards Cove Harbour?

Cheers

Mick

5. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I think you would be better off heading south towards sickar point , it looks better ground to me , sometimes on a good LW the beach
    at Pease Bay can come alive with sandeels just around the turn of the tide , another launching mark is on ST ABBS HEAD itself at Pettico
    Wick , if the wind is blowing up from Berwick it would be ideal , you have to go down a slope but is doable with a Kayak

6. Mick

Mick They're out there!

Thanks Cliff.

Have you got any more info on the launch site at Pettico Wick - How do I access it, can I park the car etc?

Cheers

Mick

7. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Just before you reach ST ABBS take a left turn onto a road leading to the HEAD , you will notice a freshwater loch on your right ,
    pettico wick is on your left , you will notice an old stone slipway that was used to land the salmon catches that the boats brought ashore
    the view must be the best on the eastern seaboard of the UK in my opinion , the area around the head can offer some superb sport
    for the kayakers , with some really big pollack to be caught , you can also launch from the harbour in ST ABBS if the winds are coming
    the other way , a fee is charged for this facility , you can also launch from Eyemouth or Burnmouth giving access yo some canny fishing
    The area close inshore on the right hand side of st abbs harbour is good for cod in the area of the big white house on the clifftop , you
    are spoilt for choise , why more site members dont go is a mystery to me

8. Mick Dunn

Mick Dunn Blenny

Looks like you had a good time. Some lovely pics-well done Mick.

9. Mick

Mick They're out there!

Spot on Cliff, thanks mate. Hopefully I'll get the weather and I think I'm going to target the pollock.

It looks like a top spot from Google earth so can't wait............if I'm lucky enough to bag a few I'll get a few pics up.

Thanks again.

Mick

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

You can park at Pettico Wick , sorry I forgot to mention that

11. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Another place I believe you could launch your Kayak from is the beach at Coldingham Bay which is just south of ST ABBS , turn down
    the road next to the caravan site at coldingham

12. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Have any of the St Abbs virgins managed to get up there yet ? the fishing will be moving up a gear now and believe me wether you
    are a kayak or shore angler it can give you some top fishing :yes: :yes: :yes: :yes:

13. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

I'm up at arbroath/aberdeen in 4 weeks time, cant wait

14. harrythecod

harrythecod Rockling

Me and Dale ,and snap off will be there 24th june for a long weekend :wink:

15. bow1

bow1 Rockling

myself,mad mick and (not so)big al hoping for a day over the bankholiday weekend.May be a bit early but want to try the float gear with braid before going up mull in june.
    Fancy also trying the summer codding at some point

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

bow I was up on 21st May last year and did ok especially as it was my first trip up there so there should be some fish about

17. king ling

king ling Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report and pics, fished Eyemouth many a time some excellent marks around caravan site and golf course.

18. Baramundi Bob

Baramundi Bob Super Leeds United !!!