1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cod Fishing in South East Scotland - Back to summer mode

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by mattylamb, Oct 13, 2010.

1. hughiep

hughiep Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Aye it will be just for the day Harry..not sure which day yet but it will be the week after next.

2. Dav

Dav Rockling

Smashing report Matty , some great fishing up there .well done boys ..... :yes: :yes:

3. pouncer

pouncer Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great report Matty looks like you had some good fishing well done

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I thought Hairy Ness was the area around where the Cannons are next to the caravan park

5. Ian Alexander

Ian Alexander Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Hello,

A super report Matty, and well done lads. Cracking photos too :yes: I think the point you fished is called Callercove point and looking south the big bay between where you fished and the caravans is Killiedraught bay, (my spelling may be wrong though :embarrass: )
    Alan I had never thought of it as a high water shot, that's a great result mate....top fishing.

thanks again lads for a great report.

6. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The next time i go up there im going to walk right the way back to coldingham bay from the camp at eyemouth where i will be looking for the LW gulleys and anymore HW marks , because i love my cliff fishing so much ,at times i suppose i become more HW concious and
    im always looking to do something new and different , i could have never followed the crowd :yes: :yes:

7. Ian Alexander

Alan,
    one of my favourite marks is south of coldingham bay, walk up past the youth hostel and follow the steps down to where the stream runs out through the shingle beach and follow the path up the next hill.
    From the top you will see an old pipe running out along the side of the skeer. I have had some great sessions from the rocks along the front.
    You can't miss it as you wallk along the cliff path mate, good luck.
    Regards Ian

8. quint

quint Watch out Emperor Zorg's about

Good report as usual Matty, could do with some bigger fish showing down here soon, hopefully the blow may help

9. the artist

the artist what a view , i think ill paint it or fish it

Good run out lads , looks like you had a canny day well done on the fish and thanks for the report cheers

10. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Thanks very much for the information Ian , The easiest way of getting to the cliff mark is to turn left into a road called POCKLAW SLAP its the turn
    before the one which leads up the bank into the caravan camp at eyemouth , follow the road straight down until it turns to the left at this point
    go straight ahead down a cinder track and park at the far end alongside the playing field, follow the public right of way towards coldingham bay
    after a few hundred yards the path slits take the one which leads along the cliff top , after a while the path turns a bit to the left , at this point
    you can get down the cliff if you wish [ more of that later ] the cliff starts to run parallel with the sea , theres a lovelly gulley on the right hand
    corner which is marked by large rocks sticking out of the water on either side just cast down the middle [ ish ] you will notice there is a large flat rock platform at the foot of the cliff directly below , so if you hit into a fish go to the left and steer it past this platfurm into a small gulley then its not a bad lift up the cliff , on the left hand corner is another good area , you will notice a vertical rock face on your right cast just slightly to the left of this or back a furher 45 degrees MAXIMUM in a dovetail formation , just dont cast square on or to the left , at this point you get a good
    view of the large rock pinnacle that rises out of the sea , I have only fished these ledges 3 times but have had some nice fish every time, I dont know how it fishes on slacker tides as I have only fished it on 5 mtr and + tides, I would start maybe 1.5 HRS before HW the fishing seemed to
    pick up as the EBB set in , the first time i fished it i had a fish 3 hours back , as down below Ian , I think you could really start to to well a couple
    of hours after HW , theres an outcrop of boulders just close to where you can get down the cliff and i think it would give you great scope if you worked your way down them as the tide receded plus i think nyou could get onto the large flat slab at the foot of the cliff that i mentioned , i hope this makes sense and helps

11. Ian Alexander

Hello Alan,
    Thanks for that mate, very good info.......good luck for your next outing, tightlines :happy:
    Regards Ian.

12. jc

jc Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

excellent report place looks mint must give it a try im redcar is it 21/2 from here
    and whats the best time to fish 3 before ?

13. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

THE beach between the picture house and the royal before LW and into the flooding tide could be worth a try with it been a slack tide with a decent sea on

14. woodsy

woodsy Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

good report mate i was fishin the same tide just south from you known as the red rocks could see you up on the point had a good sesh plent ov fish about 3lb but a bit less tackle loss hope 2 see you up there sum time :

15. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

well lads another few weeks and the fish be showing in those weed beds again , and I have a feeling there will be a good show of them , so who is for giving it a go this season ? :yes:

16. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

im up arbroath for a long weekend over the longest days of the year Alan :yes: cant wait to go to the 5 yard shot again!

17. 5CR34M3R

5CR34M3R Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

well done, nice report i have a question.
    What was that fish you called an ugly bugger?
    i caught one as a kid a never new what it was some one said it was a bull fish???
    many thanks
    stace

18. mattylamb

mattylamb Rockling

its a short spined sea scorpion stace

19. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

Wether you are shore fishing or kayaking the Eyemouth / St Abbs area has alot to offer offering lots of marks to fish / launch from
    its two and a half hours , comfortable drive from Teeside , on top of that it can give you some great fishing

20. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

,Its alao well placed for Berwick , Edinburgh , kelso , peebles etc , places that the wife would find interesting , as well as seahouses
    which gives access to the farne islands , holy island , bamburgh etc , so as I said before its well worth giving it a go :yes: