1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

COD FISHING BANANZA ON SEA-OTTER 2 ITS BEING MANIC

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by bigcod, Jul 25, 2015.

Tags:
  1. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Haven't posted up for a little while being flat out but all I can tell you is the cod fishing of late has been out standing on Sea-Otter 2 I will do a full round up later but here is shot from yesterday with one of longest standing crews who have fished with me for near on 20 years Brian Cunningham and the lads have another boom day on the cod we were in early to sort all the lads fish filleted and sorted ready for the freezer .

A few of the lads fish

Attached Files:

2. navmanfish

navmanfish Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Re: COD FISHING BANANZA ON SEA-OTTER 2

similar stamp of fish like we had yesterday

inside marks also producing then this weather

front moves in to spoil it for a while.

shads outfished tsunamis etc yesterday no particular type

rhubarb n custard, blue storm shads & bright green ones

all caught better sample of fish.

is it the same further out paul ?

3. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Great news Paul can not wait till next Saturday. Be first trip on the shads for me this year hope weather plays ball

4. Harlo from Darlo

Harlo from Darlo Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Look like fresh run fish Paul,Any decient Ling poking their heads out on bait or a larger stamp of cod or are the lads banging them out on shads?

Any pollock showing yet or don't they shoal up with the cod?

See you Saturday mate as theirs a break in the weather I think

5. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

90% of these fish were caught in 60ft of water at robinhoods bay nessend the water was like gin perfect for shads and we took full advantage .

I hit one of my top winter uptiding marks where i know those better stamp of fish gather you can only do this at certain times of year when the algie has fully cleared and leaves lovelly clear water the lads just could not believe what was coming up some belting fish most 4-7lb and so close under the cliffs we are in some big uptiding trips this winter .

Brian and boys joe is closer to 80 now but he still manages to fish with the shads he loves it here he is with a couple of nice fish .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brian cunningham who organizes the lads trips gets a really nice fish plus his brother alan aint going to be left out .

Brain with his fine cod it was warm first thing friday morning brain doing his tarzen act.

[​IMG]

And alan with one of his many fish another fine fish.

[​IMG]

The summer festival the fishing was very good indeed masses of fish and some really nice ones cod to over 15lb and a win for local Sarah Miller with her fine double figure cod here are few shots from the festival .

Sarah won the ladies section well done sarah .

[​IMG]

Shawn managed to win 4th overall with his 15lb cod plus he got another cod 13lb as well he was on Sea -Otter 2 with last years winner gary reid who took the £5000 1st prize on Sea-Otter 2.

Shawn with his 15lb cod winning £250.

[​IMG]

And his 13lb cod.

[​IMG]

Shawn also got one of these funny looking fish in the comp a nice catfish very nice to eat .

[​IMG]

THis lad won one of dailys with this fine cod another double figure fish.

[​IMG]

After the fetival the fish just kept going mental stacks of cod had some lads up from Essex for 4 days mon-thursday monday it was just non stop on shads the cod were jumping aboard the lads actually said after there first day enough cod we have caught enough so the tuesday of chaseing haddocks this was best one which went over 2lb .

[​IMG]

Then it was lets have a go at plaice fishing the dabs we caught was like catching mackeral 2 at a time and some nice ones but managed a few plaice no size though .

[​IMG]

Then it was back to normal and onto the cod and once gain some reall quality fish .

Reagular big steve and ashley from york got these fine fish and ashley took the sweep on the boat ashleys a rich boy a very big sweep stake .

big steve.

[​IMG]

Young ashley won him a lot money in the sweep well done ash.

[​IMG]

All i can say the cod fishing here at whitby has been awesome some hellish days and quite a few where we have come in early to sort the lads fish i am just hoping this weather at the moment from the north doesnt stir the bottom to much for lads shads are mad at the moment lets hope it continuies right up until the winter utiding kicking in.

Paul.

6. simon22

simon22 Rockling

Some great fish Paul. Plaice and haddock very nice. Hope we get out at weekend mate.

7. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Fingers crossed Simon hopefully this fresh northerly wind tommorow doesnt stir it up to much .

Paul

8. simon22

simon22 Rockling

If it does Paul will bring plenty of squid

9. bigcod

bigcod Rockling

Iam still hopefull shads will do the damage simon they have fished there tits off but if the water isnt so good after this blow yes then squid mate .

paul.