1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CLIFF FISHING - Poles, Flying Gaffs And General Info

Discussion in 'Sea Fishing Forum - Shore, Boat & Kayak Fishing' started by rizla, Dec 11, 2008.

1. carpyken

carpyken New Member

thanks Iain, perfect :cheesy:

2. pouncer

pouncer Whitby Fishing Forum _ Simply The Best

Great pics great read, I'm on the edge of my seat typing this :cheesy:
    this is what the forum is all about cheers

3. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

I will have to find my flying gaff out i havent seen it for yonks then i will put some pictures on showing how it is constructed , it works well as long as you can get the line vertical and the hook is above the level of the sinker, it would work very well from a pier etc

4. big cliff

big cliff Rockling

The pole fixed to a pivot is the best way for me , theres a load of ways to bring this about:

• Everything from a piece of good sized angle iron , cut a piece out of the angle just wider than the pipe.
    • Drill a hole through the angle iron below the level of the piece you cut out ,
    • Get a piece of round bar around 8mm dia , that is long enough to go through the angle iron hokes you drilled
    • Now get yourself a length of steel pipe just smaller than the pulley tube , this pipe should be around 15 inches long ,
    • drill 2 holes opposite e ach other just larger than the 8mm bar ,
    • position the tube on the angle iron push the 8mm rod through the pipe and the angle iron
    • then get the rod welded on the outside of the AA , make the AA at least a couple of feet long ,
    • position it at the right spot on the cliff top leaving the swivelling action just above the cliff top level ,
    • then its just a matter of putting your pole on the pipe hand ball the fish up , and pull the pole up over the pole and fish end up behind you ,
    • fix a lanyard to the pole to make things easy , with this set up it can if need be a one man job

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 9, 2015
  5. Glenn Kilpatrick

Glenn Kilpatrick Blenny Staff Member

Soon Be Bemmo time :)